Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe anyone would freeze an animal to death to avoid having to actually kill it properly and painlessly. It is by far the cruelest method of killing rodents.

And what about if you miss the first time whacking it and have to whack again? *shudders at the memory of watching people whack trout continuosly at a trout farm until they we're still wiggling and bleeding from the head... just because they're weren't doing it correctly..:S *

ssssnakeman said:
like ive said before animal cruelty is hard to ignore,even if it is 'legal'.i do consider it my business when you promote this cruel practice to newbies as a way of getting out of your responsibities to the animal you are attempting to euthenise
Who's promoting? They're just telling us..
And as a note: ALL NEWBS! Read this thread and others, do research, talk to experienced keepers and MAKE YOUR OWN DESCISION!
slim6y said:
But people - attack the ideas... NOT THE PEOPLE doing them... this is where forums often go bad.... Ideas people... IDEAS!
So true slim6y!!! Ofcourse you can hijack my thread! :D Its a valid consideration anyway.

Yes the double whacking isn't so good... But still quicker than freezing :)

Qhat about an electric chair setup? ZAP! Then whack so you don't cook em! This is how meat works do it. they stun them with a tazer then a reloadable steel bolt to the head. Of course a cattle sized implement for a mouse would obviously knock its head right off... but I am sure there's something similar - or there's a market for it... oh oh oh... i'm going to invent it... Yeah... RICH I tell ya, I'm gonna be rich (and available).

I will call it the Slim6y killing machine... At your local pet shops. It will come complete with the shocker device and also the reloadable mouse sized bolt that can be set to pinkie, fuzzie, weaner (which i will spell correctly when marketed), blah blah blah... ahhh.. the bell goes just as I am inventing... Oh well... Watch this space!

customs freezes animals that have been smuggled into australia some times, does it make it ok for them because they have aurthority?

Well as a fisherman I can tell ya, I have cut the throats of plenty of fish, and they have bled to death. I dont get thrills from that fact, But I rather the heart pump the blood out rather then get absorbed into the flesh. And hey if anyone out there has a problem with this then think about what was on your dinner plate for your last meal, And if you are a vegetarian then you still contribute to the deaths of animals by the clearing of land and the harvesting of crops. I don't think many people set out to cause any animals undue harm and am adverse to any unfair treatment to any animals (baring cane-toads of course) But if you keep carnivorous animals as pets then animals are going to die so your animal can live, Life is not without pain, and death rarely is.

Well said Caustichumor. Personally, i dont see what all the fuss is about. The least of my worries in life is if a rodent feels pain.

i understand not everyone does the same thing.
but i just answered a question for 'my name is tatelina'
i didnt ask to be abused by so many people.
if i had known u would all be carrying on so badly i wouldnt hav answered.
i have better things to worry about then how many minutes a rat takes to freeze to death.

Does feeding him/her a live fish count as cruelty?

IsK

Hmm. I don't know. Sounds a bit fishy to me.

I s'pose taking it out of the water is cruel. Maybe the snake should be put under the water to eat it??

:D
IsK

Yes! Fish have feelings too you know! :twisted:

Well actually it can be argued as to weather they have pain receptors... :p
I do however believe they feel pain and have a survival instinct just as any other creature.
If I was a fish though.. I would choose death by digestion over death by suffocation after being pulled out of the water with a hook peircing the roof of my mouth. :p

Hmm. I don't know. Sounds a bit fishy to me.

I s'pose taking it out of the water is cruel. Maybe the snake should be put under the water to eat it??

:D
IsK

I assume we're talking about feeding water pythons..do they majorily live in the water? Are fish just released into the tank for feeding?

Does feeding him/her a live fish count as cruelty?

IsK

Well I guess it depends on you view, but does letting a snake starve to death because all it will eat is live fish, frogs and lizards count as cruelty. Life in general is cruel, it's just the level that changes.

Well as a fisherman I can tell ya, I have cut the throats of plenty of fish, and they have bled to death. I dont get thrills from that fact, But I rather the heart pump the blood out rather then get absorbed into the flesh. And hey if anyone out there has a problem with this then think about what was on your dinner plate for your last meal, And if you are a vegetarian then you still contribute to the deaths of animals by the clearing of land and the harvesting of crops. I don't think many people set out to cause any animals undue harm and am adverse to any unfair treatment to any animals (baring cane-toads of course) But if you keep carnivorous animals as pets then animals are going to die so your animal can live, Life is not without pain, and death rarely is.

i'm not trying to be funny here.. but what RIGHT does anyone have to treat any ORDER of any animal with cruelty? Why should anyone torture a cane toad? Does anyone think they don't feel pain because they're a pest? Do they think it's ok to torture an animal because it has pest status. I don't get on my high horse often, but this is one thing that just gives me the s h i ts - no animal is deserving of cruelty - as no human is either.

A cane toad, although uselss to some respect to our fine land, is not any more at fault of its own being than that of the person who stupidly introduced them. Go torture him!

DON'T TORTURE ANY ANIMALS - It's not right and it never will be, there's no excuse for us to do so in any way what so ever!

If you must kill cane toads, give them the same respect you would to that of putting your own pet out of its misery (if that was ever the case). Kill the animal swiftly with no pain involved (if possible).

I understand new rules have come in to schools... this year we discected cane toads - this is normal. We teach the kids to kill the animals humanely and swiftly. Although, I was under the impression the freezer was infact the most humane way to do so. But apparently we were wrong!

Anyway... Caustic - this isn't aimed at you - so don't take it personally because I just used your thread there as an example... It's the idea of torture and animals that should be seen here.

Well - Now let's all go kill a cane toad swiftly without torture!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back