Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawra

Come here Squishy!
Reaction score
Both my pythons are 8 months old, one is a woma the other is a jungle. The vast size difference in their food items amused me so I thought I'd share :)

4etu7uju.jpg

I have a big difference as well, my new GTP is 8 months old and I just fed him his first feed with me which was a 3 gram fuzzy mouse and my BHP's which are just a tad older are about 1250mm long and eating 140 gram rats no worries at all.
y2a9aveq.jpg

Last edited:
Cool! I find it really interesting :)

Steve is about 80cm long and about 300g while the new little fella is probably 300mm stretching and probably weighs less than Steve's rat.

They're the best and complete polar opposites.

uheby9y7.jpg

Cool! I find it really interesting :)

Steve is about 80cm long and about 300g while the new little fella is probably 300mm stretching and probably weighs less than Steve's rat.

They're the best and complete polar opposites.

uheby9y7.jpg
Jungles so tiny!

I have a big difference as well, my new GTP is 8 months old and I just fed him his first feed with me which was a 3 gram fuzzy mouse and my BHP's which are just a tad older are about 1250mm long and eating 140 gram rats no worries at all.
y2a9aveq.jpg

Your fuzzy mouse looks fuzzier than my fuzzy mouse. I have fur envy. The pet shop here sucks :/ lol

I really don't know what to say about that without being rude Lawra, but seriously I am spoilt for choice down here for food suppliers and the rats I breed myself.

This is my new GTP and my big BHP

Attachments

• IMG_0780.jpg
    IMG_0780.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0809.jpg
    IMG_0809.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0804.jpg
    IMG_0804.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 211
I really don't know what to say about that without being rude Lawra, but seriously I am spoilt for choice down here for food suppliers and the rats I breed myself.

Lol!!! ;)

I was looking into breeding some myself but I'm a bit of a sook so I'm not sure how if go killing them.

Lol!!! ;)

I was looking into breeding some myself but I'm a bit of a sook so I'm not sure how if go killing them.
I hate it, I gas mine. I put them in a box with the pipe in and turn on the gas. I go away for 5 minutes and then come and check. If they have no signs of life I will leave the gas on for a further 2 minutes to make sure. It is hard at first but is a necessary thing and I know my rats have had a good life before being euthanised.

I was surprised at how tiny and detailed they are when I got my GTP on Friday afternoon. I am so proud of it and show off pictures whenever I can. The hard part is not showing visitors when they come over because it is still settling in.

I hate it, I gas mine. I put them in a box with the pipe in and turn on the gas. I go away for 5 minutes and then come and check. If they have no signs of life I will leave the gas on for a further 2 minutes to make sure. It is hard at first but is a necessary thing and I know my rats have had a good life before being euthanised.

I have researched CO2 gas chambers but until I'm positive I will be able to do it, I can't really go out and buy live rats lol.

I was surprised at how tiny and detailed they are when I got my GTP on Friday afternoon. I am so proud of it and show off pictures whenever I can. The hard part is not showing visitors when they come over because it is still settling in.

I'm the same. I am so proud of my two that I basically try to steer any conversation towards reptiles and then to my two. I don't have many people over but having over 2500 pics and vids on my phone of them I think I makes up for it haha.

I tried to feed a live pinkie to one of my babies once...that was a long time ago lol. And I now have a full grown pet mouse because of it lol.

Nawwww! That's too cute :)

It is really hard killing them at first but it does get easier. I was also worried at first that my chamber would not work and they would suffer. I do not blame you for sticking to buying them. On a brighter not though I got to have a hold of my brother in laws albino this afternoon. I had to take it out to my car to get a picture because my phone was charging. I told him I was going to drive away with it.
zu4eje8u.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back