! ! ! FIGHT ! ! !

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost_in_the_Jungle

Reaction score
Okay after some discussion with a friend, i was wanting to know

will a larger male python fight a smaller python :?:

and

when the fight occurs do the males get stuck into it or do they try and put the head on top of one another like i told him :?:

:D

They go hell for leather and absolutely smash each other! It is really dangerous to your snakes hrealth if it is done in an enclosure for the simple fact that the loser can't run away.

If the smaller male is too young to be sexually mature then it's most likely neither of them will try and fight. If he's big enough for mating then yeah they'll probably go at it.

They do get stuck into it if not separated at the "head butting" stage. They will even on occasion fight to the death.

so have you read this or is this from experience

just no one has said they have seen them fight :D

if u hav your snakes in an enclosure together u could end up with one of your snakes head through the glass

A fella who i spoke to on another forum used to do this with his coastals, he posted some pics of it and it is extremely violent when they get stuck in. So yeah i have seen it... kinda

i have read that if one male is smaller the pair will not fight and that they will only fight when the pair are of equal sizes :D

is this right

do you know the thread

Lost_in_the_Jungle said:
i have read that if one male is smaller the pair will not fight and that they will only fight when the pair are of equal sizes :D

is this right

do you know the thread

was not on this forum and no the thread is no longer there.

It depends on what you mean by equal sizes. If as I said before one of them is not sexually mature then they probably wont fight. But if you mean will two adult males of different sizes fight then the answer is yes. It's not about size it's about who gets the girl :wink:

someone please tell him hes wrong he wont admit it even after all of u guys have said he is

A few years ago I put an 18 month old male in with a large (approximately 8 year old, close to 10' long) male, they did the normal combat thing, twining up and trying to get on top of each other, surprisingly the smaller one (probably about 10% of the weight of the larger one) was better at it and "won", he ended up copulating with the female, the larger male went off and curled up in a hide box. I kept the three snakes together for a few months and the female had fertile eggs that season. I didn't see any combat after the first night.

i am just going by what it said in

Pythons of Australia

by Geordie Torr

it says Quote " If one male is smaller than the other it will usually avoid combat and move away "

:D

J.D.P said:
someone please tell him hes wrong he wont admit it even after all of u guys have said he is

Just tell him he wins, he is right, you are wrong. It'll shut him up.

no it wont hell just gloat about being right for the next week

Ok well you now have at least 2 people telling you from personal experience that pythons of different sizes will fight and from the experience of my partner that they'll kill eachother if left at it (he removed two combating males from inside a roof the other night, one of which was a bloody mess)....

Are you two kids?

Stick to male BHPs together during mating season and watch the go off :shock: one time i combated to males and it got so intense when i tried to get one out he came flying out of the cage with the other one in hot pursuit :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back