Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SyKeD

Reaction score
Hey all

On Friday afternoon i was pulled up by a police officer about 5 minutes from home ( First time i've been pulled up in my car, It's a bit of a target, Holden VN SS BT-1 5.0ltr lowered, rims body kit. )

He walks up to to me and says this has all been recorded on camera, i said ok... ask's for my drivers license and then went back to the car..

He comes back and says this is a $258 Fine and 3 demerit points for having your arm out the window....

I was stunned... and said that this is a bit over the top for something like this.. he said would you do this in your p's test?.. i said no.. and he said you answered your own question and walked away with a smug look on his face.

My arm was inline with the window and i had my wrist hanging off down the side about 2 inches.

Earlier that day i had my arm in the same position, went by 3 Police cars and NOTHING happened...They all looked at me as that drove past.. So whats the go?..

This is the rule

(3) A person must not travel in or on a motor vehicle with any part of the person’s body outside a window or door of the vehicle, unless the person is the driver of the vehicle and is giving a hand signal:
(a) for changing direction to the right in accordance with rule 50, or​
(b) for stopping or slowing in accordance with rule 55.

(4) The driver of a motor vehicle (except a bus) must not drive with a passenger if any part of the passenger’s body is outside a window or door of the vehicle.​
I don't think it is FAIR that a person driving a "Bus" is allowed to have a bodily part out side the window, But not a person driving a car, They both have the same risk factor that if you get into an accident and your arm happens to be outside the window its not going to be pretty.

My driving record is pretty clean, only 2 speeding fines and i haven't had any other fines for 2 years till now.

I really do think that this is a joke, POLICE have much BETTER things to do than to nit pick at the most ridiculous rules.

I'll be going to see the "Recorded evidence" that show's me with my arm out, tomorrow.

Has any one else been booked for something as little and stupid like this?

My husband was done for avoiding an accident and driving over the painted island in the middle of the road. The cops actually told him he should've just applied his brakes and smashed into the back of the car in front, which being a rear-end would've made him liable for damage even though she'd slammed on her brakes. Go figure...? $290 fine later...

This is the kind of stupidity that just causes rifts between the public and police force. Instead of working together you get the idiotic power trippers who are just in the job for the authority.

NO RESPECT for these cops AT ALL.

Why can't they work with the public? Show some empathy, a little leniency, if you get caught with your arm out the window a second time, then hand over a fine!

I heard of a couple who had pulled over on the side of the road with hazzards on because the driver was going to answer his mobile and a cop fined him for talking on his mobile while the car was still running....what a joke. You try and do the right thing and become a target.

A friend at 3am in the morning was travelling along the freeway on the right hand side after over taking another car and because he went more than a kilometre in the right hand side he got pulled over and fined for it,...even though there was only them 3 on the road at that hour.

I saw last yr a cop car parked in a no stopping zone outside a subway here in Canberra,..also have witnessed the cops speeding with no sirens and lights on,..that's illegal also....I could go on....no wonder the force has no respect these days. Can see why many are attracted to being an officer of the law...one big power trip.

im of the belief that if you dream of being a cop or in politics, that alone should ban u for life from ever becoming one :)
only power trippers want total control.

I have been stuffed over by cops a million times with cars....Its all to make money
Some of the crap I have been done for is a joke...

and now you know who pays for the doughnuts, "most" of them are smurfs on power trips

all of it revenue raising, the amount of accidents that are caused by idiots on the M1 in qld im sure same everywhere if some one see' s cop or a resemblance of one they will slam on the brakes and in peak hour this causes a chain reaction and the poor bugger at the end gets it ive seen it countless times up there we are cruising along doing 110 in a 110 zone theyll brake hard :S?? idiots this causes accidents

taking sign age off the cars is mean to be deterrent highly unlikely its a sly way of revenue raising California to my knowledge has removed all this capper from there highways due to all the accidents it causes you want a deterrent have a clearly marked vehicle not a plain vehicle simply revenue raising i dont care what anyone says

best thing they can do is raise the age of driving if there seriously concerned but then again more young people more revenue coming in for them thats why im shocked they havent droped the age of smoking and drinking the government would love that tax flowing in,, should not be able to get your L's until your 18 p's when your 21 when you are actaully old enough to know better and be more mature cars area deadly weapon yet you got to be 18 to smoke or drink ???? where is logic in this screwed up government

end of rant

Last edited:
Yeah, I copped a fine (no points) for having the wrong address on my licence. I'd moved just less than a month earlier but apparently you have to update it within a fortnight. I was waiting for my licence renewal which was due a couple of weeks after, & I didn't realise it carried a penalty. Oh well, cest la vie.

thats a really steep fine for something so trivial but thats our insane laws and regulations here and unfornatly there a to many smart alek cops that think carrying a gun and having powers make them king ####

I saw some water police guys in a vehicle park in a disabled spot the other day, and then walk inside and sit down at a cafe to have lunch. We were ordering at the same time, so I asked them if it was legal for them to take up a disabled park to come inside for a coffee, and they said they were allowed to because if they had to leave in a hurry they would have to have better access to their vehicle than if they were parked in the underground carpark. (A water police emergency on land?). Anyway, then they sat down and ate lunch for 30mins at the cafe....??

Double standards. Ridiculous.

when i was younger i remember a mate of mine who i went to school with became highway patrol copa !

he said they used to drive several cars back from a tradies car / ute / van and call the number advertised on the vehicle and if the tradie answered it they would book him !!

they love to hassle me i just give it back - cops hate when there disrepected but do it so they
cant book you for something

FTP

"its do as i say not as i do"

i hate the highway patrol with a passion

FTP nice kman lol

I saw some water police guys in a vehicle park in a disabled spot the other day, and then walk inside and sit down at a cafe to have lunch. We were ordering at the same time, so I asked them if it was legal for them to take up a disabled park to come inside for a coffee, and they said they were allowed to because if they had to leave in a hurry they would have to have better access to their vehicle than if they were parked in the underground carpark. (A water police emergency on land?). Anyway, then they sat down and ate lunch for 30mins at the cafe....??

Double standards. Ridiculous.

This is the kind of thing to take a photo of and send it into news.com.au.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back