Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey i have an uncle who is a workcover inspector and he has the rite to give police infrigment notices for workplace safety - if they get out of there vehicle without there reflective vest on they can be booked by workcover !!

i want that job i would just drive round day and nite lookn for them !!!

and to all those who get infringement notices the NSW Police have to send your infringement notice with in SEVEN DAYS of infringement otherwise it can be voided in court.
i know cause i have used this !!!!!!

I heard of a couple who had pulled over on the side of the road with hazzards on because the driver was going to answer his mobile and a cop fined him for talking on his mobile while the car was still running....what a joke. You try and do the right thing and become a target.

That sucks, If you want to talk to on your mobile in the car, you have to pull over, turn the car off and take the keys out of the ignition, they say if you don't "Technically" your still in CONTROL of the vehicle... So stupid.

hey i have an uncle who is a workcover inspector and he has the rite to give police infrigment notices for workplace safety - if they get out of there vehicle without there reflective vest on they can be booked by workcover !!

i want that job i would just drive round day and nite lookn for them !!!

and to all those who get infringement notices the NSW Police have to send your infringement notice with in SEVEN DAYS of infringement otherwise it can be voided in court.
i know cause i have used this !!!!!!

Is this true KMAN? I got pulled over well over 2 months ago now by AFP at the airport because I didn't stop at the stop sign (which I did for like 2-3mins due to being a bit of traffic flow) I got pulled over and he was a real a**... Got a fine and 3 points BUT I still have not received anything (fine or letter) in the mail? Does this mean it can be voided if it does appear..?

Also getting back to the original post.

It's a pretty stupid rule, but then again a fair few of them are!?

Although I'm curious; how is a bus drivers arm/hand outside their window the same as a person in a car?

The bus' window is a lot higher than in a car so even if a car was to hit the side of the bus the arm of the driver will still be out of harms way whereas in a car you'd be in a bit more trouble.

It's the ones in the leather pants you have to look out for! Next time, you need to mutter the words "You're a legend Max!!" .....you might get off ;) ....or hauled off to jail! :lol:

I know some cops are everything people say, but you couldn't pay me enough to do their job.....

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of times the cops have got me out of strife and have been very understanding, but there's also been plenty of times we've butted heads. We were in a major MVA a few years ago now, my husband was pretty messed up and I was lucky to be able to walk out of it, but they weren't so accommodating then. It was *presumed* at the time that drugs and alcohol were involved, no one believed that in actual fact it was my husband's first grand maal seizure that had caused the accident (he had no idea he had epilepsy until then, and going stiff and fitting in a vehicle while driving will unfortunately be a major heads-up there, he never does things by halves that man), it wasn't until he had two more seizures a few months later that charges were rescinded. We were hounded in the ER for crying out loud, they tried to separate me in order to take a statement while he was under the influence of so many painkillers it wasn't funny, and I've never forgiven those particular officers for that. Thankfully now he's been fully medicated for a while, seizure free for more than five years and is able to get on with his life as per the norm... ie, terrifying the life out of me by never doing things by halves lmao.

My arm was inline with the window and i had my wrist hanging off down the side about 2 inches.
point is it was still outside your car!

Earlier that day i had my arm in the same position, went by 3 Police cars and NOTHING happened...They all looked at me as that drove past.. So whats the go?..
there's this thing called a radio that police communicate with, if the first 1 didn't get you then they probably told the next car ect ect until some cop actually did something about it

This is the rule

(3) A person must not travel in or on a motor vehicle with any part of the person’s body outside a window or door of the vehicle, unless the person is the driver of the vehicle and is giving a hand signal:
(a) for changing direction to the right in accordance with rule 50, or​
(b) for stopping or slowing in accordance with rule 55.

(4) The driver of a motor vehicle (except a bus) must not drive with a passenger if any part of the passenger’s body is outside a window or door of the vehicle.​
I don't think it is FAIR that a person driving a "Bus" is allowed to have a bodily part out side the window, But not a person driving a car, They both have the same risk factor that if you get into an accident and your arm happens to be outside the window its not going to be pretty.
you just answered your own question! Bus drivers are allowed to use their arms for indication, its rare to find them doing it but they do. in that case cyclists and people on vespers would all come under this law but they to are the exception. move on with life.

I really do think that this is a joke, POLICE have much BETTER things to do than to nit pick at the most ridiculous rules.
really? like what? it is not a ridiculous rule it is there for your safety and protection.

I'll be going to see the "Recorded evidence" that show's me with my arm out, tomorrow.
i wish you the best of luck with that! there's probably a stack of release forms

i know there are some ****hole cops out there but they aren't all that bad i'm mates with a few adelaide coppas and my cousin is one and he has the toughest job next to homicide and CSI because he's gone sometimes for weeks or months at a time!

Yer dealing with the scum of the earth would really make you bitter (not calling you scum)
Although I've had a few good beers with Cops when they come around about noise complaints.
Good night actually.

You were in a "target" car with your arm out your window which is against the law. You got pulled up on it, and that's unfair?

Right. :rolleyes:

i had a good experience with a cop, told me to drive this way to the service station, I said there's 2 signs that say No Entry, he said don't worry about it & just drive thru. Go Figure!

I got pulled over the other day for only having one P plate on. The idiot didn't even know how many points P platers have or how many they should lose for 1 P plate missing. I coped a $300 fine and 2 demerits. Plus he made me stand int he rain for an hour and took my car keys while he made his decision.

And then they wonder why most people hate them!

I got pulled over the other day for only having one P plate on. The idiot didn't even know how many points P platers have or how many they should lose for 1 P plate missing. I coped a $300 fine and 2 demerits. Plus he made me stand int he rain for an hour and took my car keys while he made his decision.

And then they wonder why most people hate them!

That's rough

You were in a "target" car with your arm out your window which is against the law. You got pulled up on it, and that's unfair?

Right. :rolleyes:

$258 and 3 demerits yes i do think that is unfair...

You can go over the speed limit by 10kms or under and only get $90 fine and loss of 1 demerit ( School zone $150 fine and 2 demerits. ) don't you think it should be the other way round?..

Some laws and penalties are ridiculus, but they are still the law.
And the fact is you broke the law.
All this crap about revenue raising is bull...If you didn't break the law, it wouldn't be raising revenue would it?
In saying this, I pretty much do at least 10 over everywhere (except school zones), I always have my arm out the window etc.
But if I got done, it would be my fault.
Yes you get some arrogant a**hole cops that make it alot worse, but they are just doing there job. (Not condoning the double standards, They should be fine themselves for breaking the law)
Just my 2 cents

yeah that is a bit rough,...

i know a guy who lost his license and got massive fines for falling asleep in his passenger seat drunk while having the radio on instead of driving home,..

their point was that the keys were in the ignition,...

I love the look of some of the gorillas who literally hang half their body out the window of their B&S ute! :lol: That's visual pollution at it's greatest! :p
ohh man do u live in the nrth west too, out here they have truck stacks on the exhaust and 33 antennas with wheels coming out from the arches and a back window
u cant see thru with a huge bramah bull sticker on it, apparently this is legal
they had atleast 4 of them scream by doing atleast 100 on a 50k road when im being fined 177 bucks for j walking lol

If you think you have been unfairly dealt with then take it to court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back