Gay marraige, Yay or Nay?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gay Marraige, Yay or Nay?

• Yay

Votes: 106 58.9%
  • Nay

Votes: 74 41.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ You are very switched-on compared to some of the other teens that have posted in this thread! Good work.

all for it...

the more gay guys there are, the more single women available:D

And i know girls are gay too...But thats hot so it's okay:lol:

You don't need single women Benjamin!! It's our anniversary on Monday damnit!!!

:)i TOTALLY believe in gay marriage too:)

im gay and i dont choose who to be with and feel attracted too,and marraige is a speical thing were too people make a bond/just a bit of paper,doesnt matter if its 2 men or 2 girls or 1 man and 1 female

why should stright people have more right then us gay people?? they shouldnt.
everyone should have the right to get marryed to who they love most and be happy
just me 2cents

Last edited:
and yes im 16 and young and all that,but i just know! some people can work out there gay at a young age

This is indeed a true fact, strange you know from councilling many different individuals about 5 years ago, including homosexuals & heterosexuals it is most apparent that most gay indivduals new they were different at a very young age, but at that young age were unable to determine what it actually was. Generally years prior to puberty it was known. This determination gave me the impression years before it was even announced that homosexuality is not chosen, but it is apparent in the DNA structure at the time of birth & insome instances can have a genetic link but skip many families. Basically say is that homosexuals are born homosexuals & have the DNA structure that makes them attracted to the same sex. Bisexuality is a difficult one to interpret but I believe many may choose that way of life due to lack of finding a partner, or for natural sexual needs.

What I am getting at is that from councilling numerous individuals, and I mean numerous individuals it seemed that homosexuals would be more inclined to seek councilling or social support due to mental health issues over heterosexuals which was caused by society and not being except or due to constant discrimation, verbal abuse, bashings & ridicule. This being said homosexuals can not be blamed for being homosexuals as they are born that way, which means when you are putting someone down for being gay its really quite upsetting as they can't do anything to change it....its in their makeup.

I recall once one particular individual who at the time was 25 yrs of age, who during high school years in a regional school was torment that much and ridiculed by peers due to their homosexuality that it affected them mentally into adulthood. Made them antisocial & hated mixing with other people. This individual was kicked, spat at, tormented & verbally & physically abuse nearly every day during their school life to the point that they could hardly take it anymore. What a life, and what a sheer nightmare for that individual and they couldn't mention anything to their parents because of the unknown, i.e. being disowned or kicked out of home.

So I hope this gives those individuals who don't really understand or know much about homosexuality abut of insight into what most if not all have had to enjore through their lifes.

I read a post back a few pages about how the world is mixed up by the gays & hippies. The strangest thing is that back then in the 60s & 70s there was just as many homosexuals but most were closeted to protect themselves from ridicule.

Yes being a religous fello I understand what the bible says & what the church has to say about homosexuality and how it is a sin, but hey tell me one single individual who has never commit a sin at sometime in their life. We all commit sin most days, so for the church to out law and dam homosexuality lets see if they can all stop sinning and see how hard it is for them.

I remember as a child my mother used to go to church 2-3 times a week to be cleansed free from the sins she had committed over the days & weeks, as do most church goers. I remember saying to her as a child why ask for forgiveness if you are just gonna go and lie & think bad thoughts again straight afterwards....whats the point.

So I am all for everyone being treated equally, doesn't matter what your sexual preferences are, your race or colour, or your religion....treat others the way you would like to be treated.

Ok theres my final few words.

i TOTALLY believe in gay marriage

as long as BOTH THE CHICKS ARE HOT

Its so funny to see straight guys quote the above - THAT IS THE REASON THEY ARE LESBIAN'S THEY DON'T LIKE GUYS!!! Despite what you may think, oh its hot, etc They are not doing it for your pleasure.....

I believe I am normal, I was brought up with my dad (at around 18 would go gay bashing with all his mates) and my mum who taught me strength, courage and hope!

This world is hard enough, no matter whether your straight, gay or bi to find someone to love you as much as you love them. When I look in the mirror, I see a very proud guy staring back at me.

I have been through hell and back to get where I am today but I wouldn't change it for the world.

If its a matter of choice - do you think I would choose to be gay for a harder life - no body should be expected to put up with the crap us and many other minority groups face.

You can all believe what you like, and I am not going to pressure you into a decision either way....

But please do not go of what has been drummed into you by generations before - times are changing and change is good - its what keeps us rolling.

If one of your children or anyone in your family for that matter comes out to you - I hope you would be strong enough to give them courage and support - instead of petty thoughts and beliefs of your own - its not all about you - think what they may be going through.

Ps - my dad used to go gay bashing - although now he comes to the mardi gras with me and supports me 100% it didn't happen overnight, its been a good long process to get where we are now, but I am very proud of him for being so accepting of my beliefs

I hope this opens a few eyes....

Matt

if i was a kid and had a freind who had gay mums,
i dont think they would be disadvantaged at all

its a couple of years ago now, but i'll give you 1 guess why i dont agree with your statement and 1 guess as to why i dropped out of high school early to get a job and only see 1 person from my school days these days......

teenagers are cruel... still in this day and age.....

If people want to get married, let them. Stop being selfish.

How pathetic are blokes that say I hate gay men but lesbians are hot!

Gutter thinking,

Grow up please all the people who have this hypocritical thinking,

These people are just like you and I , who they love is their choice,

How would you like me to say yeah your girlfriend is straight but I would love to see her do it with another man instead of you, make you feel nice?? i don't think so,

and Gay people are NOT feral, they are better than most small minded people out there in society!

And please! Religion had nothing to do with marriage when it first came about! It was all about land and money! Do your research before bringing religion into it. The bible was brought together from many religions in ancient Greece, marriage was around long before that.

Yah from me,

My sister is gay and has been with her partner for 7 years, they would love to be treated as a couple in he eyes of the government.

Funny thing is they cant adopt, but yet they are foster careers for many children !!

Where does that logic come from, they are good enough to look after other peoples kids but not 'good' enough to have their own.

Go Figure !

Mrs I

xxx

mmmmm i agree, Jordan I totally understand you knowing at 16, I worked it out in about yr 9, so 14. But I have always been gay. In primary school i was very 'out there' lets say and heaps of things that you could only think of as questionable.

I dont think their is evidence to suggest homosexuality is purely genetic. ie their are identical twins that dont have the same sexuality. However it definatly a change which occurs early in life (More than likely in the wome). At some point gay people brains (or parts their of) grow in a structure more similar to that of the oposite sex making them attracted to people of the same.

Btw in some societies marraige is not linked to religion eg buddist cultures such as sri lanka. Whithin these countries marraige is purely secular and the most religious part is that most couples will ask for a blessing before the ceremony (As they will do about most big events such as births, funerals, long holidays etc).

Time for my 2 cents worth. I believe that in todays society we as the human race should have certain choices available to each and every one of us no matter what race, religion, color, sexual orientation, or financial status.
We are all individuals and have the right to chose for our selves what is right or wrong for ourselves. If you are gay you should have the choice available to you to marry if that is what you feel is right for you, same goes for straight people. I believe that people should have the same right to chose abortion, euthanasia, religious beliefs and whatever other life decisions you need to make for yourself. I believe that we do not have the right to judge. I am the furtherest from a religious person that you can get but I do believe in the whole treat others as you want to be treated bit. I dont believe that homosexuality is always a choice. If someone wants to choose to marry then it is their choice and nobody else has the right to tell them otherwise. It would be a terribly boring world if we were all the same and had the same opinion wouldnt it. I dont ell anyone how to live their lives and dont expect any one to tell me how to live mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back