Gecko Questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Macs

Reaction score
G'day all
We are new to the forum, so I will post a meet and greet in the appropriate thread later.

We have become the custodians of 2 Geckos. and we need some help/advice on identifying and keeping them.

I recently returned from a trip across the Simpson desert and the Flinders Rangers ETC Awesome trip BTW!!
Anyway, when we were unpacking the truck, we found 2 small Gecko's hiding on the back.
my wife has become quiet attached to 'Hamish and 'Andy' (not my choice)

Currently they are in a fish tank with some sand at one end and gravel at the other, we put a small water bowl in there and we have had a lamp on during the day for warmth.
I am just about to go and get a heat mat and rustle up some food for them.

I have attached a pic for identification..

Any advice/info would be greatly appreciatedgecko photo.jpg.

Thanks in advance
Macka..

might be wrong but looks like a dtella of some sort

and before the aps police come out and slap you one ;) its not legal to take from the wild even if it is accidental

i would be putting a lid on the tank also as they climb glass

I realize your intentions are good but you need to be aware your breaking the law by keeping them. It might be an idea to contact parks and wildlife ,or the equivalent and get some advise on what to do with them as they may not be native to NSW either

they are gehyra not christinus, christinus marmoratus look like a leseurs, that is gehyra variegata.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back