Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Bredli will go either way. If I jiggle the rat with my tongs, he'll absolutely smash it. It's launched itself so hard it fell off a branch before which was a little worrying for me. Alternatively, if I just drop the rat in he generally won't even bother to constrict

My MD is a whole different level of placid compared to other snakes until food is involved. He grabs it with force and quickly coils around it. I love watching it happen :) He's wussy on the feeding response bites he's given me though, its happened a couple of times and he only held on for a couple of seconds and didn't bother coiling. I had a hatchling spotted python give me a more painful and damaging feeding response bite the other day, which is funny considering how small it is compared to the 2 year old MD lol.

True, but if its a large snake the risk isn't worth it. Even if you have someone with you, if the snake wraps around your neck you could pass out quickly and that leaves one person to fight it off. If it doesn't work you're dead :?

Yer my female stimson is a psycho when food is near. On the other hand my male will take food straight out of my hand like a real sook. He just comes over, has a sniff and casually opens his mouth and eats his rat.

mine flip flop o it. the olive is the one that does it the most but now got quicker and quicker. i feed all by hand. some do it for a few feed then become agressive feeders again.

I think it depends on how hungry, I know with mine I feed them the same day every week and if they don't eat I leave until the next wk . . . If they have missed the wk they will hit it super hard, but if they have been eating regularly they won't strike just kinda open their mouths and take it . . or if I can't get bigger food and give them two smaller items they will just gently take the second item . .

my jungle is a lady at feding times,she likes to sniff it,and will then spend half an hr getting it in just the right spot,i mean just the right spot,it has to be perfect,then a little drink to lube up the throat,then she strikes and coils.and bye bye.....all gone.if she can she tries to hang off my wrist,which i try not to let her,cos she consricts madly.

my woma has never constricted, she'll just calmly go over to it and open her mouth and down it goes lol

individual , i can hand feed 2 of my pythons . Like literally rat on hand and they just slowly move their mouths around it , but with the rest I wouldnt even attempt it lol . I only started doin it after having watched them all eating long enough to know who would be okay with it ...

Never used tongues, all are fed from the hand...common sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back