German Shorthaired Pointers and Lace Monitors don't mix

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nah!

Nay! You're making it up! You copied the story line from "The Ugly Duckling". You know.... gosling thinks it's and ugly duck, etc., etc., etc., :)

I am a WIRES volunteer, we euthenase if it cannot be released. That is what we are about, seeing wild animals returned to the wild, not in cages. Doesn't matter if it is a brown snake or a currawong or a koala, same rules for all native animals (OK, not insects you got me on that one.) If we start allowing people to keep animals that can not be released, it gives them incentive not to release. Most of you probably disagree with this ethos but that is how we work. Trust me, euthenasing animals really sucks, not much can ruin your day like having to Euthenase a bluey or a dragon after some IDIOTS cat has attacked it, as well as having to be polite to the IDIOT and not go and smash his or her face in with a baseball bat but we believe that this is in the best interest of all the other animals, if not the one in question.

Yep Mags

I understand - it's good that there is an organisation that cares and if the injury is such that the animal cannot live a safe and normal life in the wild then in the immortal words of Roy Batty - Time to Die. I guess I find it hard to take animals from my property for someone else to look after and maybe put down. There's an interesting exception to the rule that seems to have come into play when I took in a Yellow Bellied Glider that had got itself caught in barbed wire ( which I also dislike - trouble is I've got abot 10kms of the stuff). The little fell had a broken tail. The lady I took him to said that normally gliders with broken tails are put down as they can't function in the wild that way. In this case, she said that because it was an endangered species it would be retaind for possible captive breeding.

Graham,

The candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long, and you have burned so very brightly Roy

I love that movie! You have some kinda good taste snake-in-law!
:D

B L A D E R U N N E R>>>>>>>>>>>>

My absolute fav movie.

I MAKE Friends.
Mother I'll tell you about my mother
What's a tortoise
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Too bad she won't live..............

glad you're a BR fan

...but then again who does?
all this will be lost in time, like tears in rain
i want more life ****er
nerves, it's the business. i am the business.
ever buy snakes from the egyptian?
not fish, snake scale

definately in my top three favourites of all time!

No, I've read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, but I hadn't heard about a sequel. Will definately give it a look! Cheers Magpie! :)

I just looked it up, Dick had nothing to do with BRII, it's by a K W Jeter.
Any good Magpie? Is Jeter's style similar, is the vision in line with Dick's do you think?

Androids? electric sheep? i think i actually heard of that befor ! Sounds like u got some lovely wildlife round u graham,~Quote "you lucky lucky bastard!!!" ~monty python :D

Yep Wattso - Australia's full of the stuff and I'm lucky enough to live alongside it. - can't wait to see if Cohi the wild female (Solitaire's mate I hope) brings on a new generation of Diamonds.

G

I'll tell you what grahamh your lucky it wasn't a big guy, it might have been your dog on the ruff end and your self probably if it ran up your leg.
Their a site to see in full flight, some of the ones i've seen while fishing would have to go 20kgs+ bloody monsters. I fed a wild lacey a 3kg golden perch last summer, nothing left in under a minute.
Will have to start taking my digital when i go fishing and get some pics for you guys they'll start to coming out soon.

i'm gonna have to visit the hunter valley, thats 4 sure. bout the most exciting stuff round here is bluetongues. in the bushland near here your more likly to find beerus bottleus and mcdonaldia wrapperii ! lol bloody shame, theres nothin like watching herps in their natrual enviroment. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back