Getting over GF's/Partners

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a girl that dumped me for stupid reasons and I was much the same until I decided to see it for what it was "a stupid reason" and made myself hate her. For me, it was alot easier to think of her under a bad light than it was to think how "great" she was.

At the time this worked and now later on, I still respect her and understand that what we had was good for what it was, but the pain of the breakup doesnt hurt because I removed all the "miss" factor.

I haven't seen her for 4yrs now, and don't intend on catching up at all.

strange i have tried to hate people but i find it far to exhausting and spend more time thinking about them whilst trying to hate them so i tend to just nothing people now.

after my last break up i was pretty heart broken so i ended up taking up a few hobbies, i started cycling lots to and from work found that whilst cycling i was focused on the ride and thought of nothing else, and i also picked up snorkeling that led to free diving and i found that was remarkably relaxing, see all the cool stuff underwater and focusing on keeping your breathing low and your heart rate down etc.

and from doing all that regularly i ended up getting pretty fit and my abs and body started to get quite ripped so that was an ever better confidence boost as well.

hmm i could use that kind of motivation again now actually lol

but i think every one deals with this stuff in their own way, and its just a matter of finding what works for you, at the end of the day the old cliche of time healing all is quite true, so ideally your just looking for the best detraction to pass that time.

get the boys to take you out...even better house party...lots of new gals and just talkin to another female you dont know will open your eyes to what else is out their ...
all the best bud!

Exercise mate. Can't say i've been in the same situation personally, but I have family members whom have had a very rough trot in the past, and they found exercise to be absolute gold. It releases endorphins which liven you up a bit, and hopefully it will take your mind off everything in the process. Good luck.

Had the pleasure of being at a few Xmas party's that hired her & a friend. Thats all i will say without being banned from this site!!!!

You know her craig? i see she likes (eating) pythons.

I got done once pretty bad.................so i simply got involved with her best friend,
then got the ex back for a few weeks then simple moved both of them on.
What a great few weeks that was................lol

I got done once pretty bad.................so i simply got involved with her best friend,
then got the ex back for a few weeks then simple moved both of them on.
What a great few weeks that was................lol

I see.... So you go by the wise ancient saying that revenge is best served...... to the best friend.

Last edited:
Use the time you have now to do the things you couldn't do with the Ex:
See mates more often
Stay up late
Cruise the net for pretty girls in bikinis
Eat food without cooking it
Spend money how you want to
Living Room - Shed conversions
etc

Also spend the time on personal development. In the time since my ex left me, I learnt sign language which is something I've always wanted to do. There are plenty of other things you can do. You now have to freedom to live your dreams without having someone drag you back to reality. Enjoy it wholeheartedly until you meet the next person worth your time and energy

Females go thru this too.Knotted stomach,crying all the time,no appetite and sleeping/lying about all day.last time it happened to me (long time ago now) get up,shower,spruce yourself up,go get drunk,pick a fight,get laid,go home.you will feel better.but time heals all wounds.

so take The Hilltop Hoods advice from 'what a great night' like it

i went throught he worst feeling of my life from my last GF more than 2 years ago,nothing helped me much but time,and even then i still avoid things to do with her now so i dont go backwards.I dont know why people choose to do this to us loved ones who think so highly of them

I feel your pain mate. Such a hard thing to move on from heartbreak. My best advice is to distract yourself...with hobbies, with friends. Get out as much as possible. You'll meet someone better where everything will fall into place.

I do know that these are just words...and it can be hard to combat what's in your head with good advice, but things WILL get better for you.

Im going through exactly the same thing, and to be honest its breaking my heart even though i called the relationship off just for a break . 1 week later she is running around with another guy. Ive gone beyond breaking point, i cant sleep i cant eat, ive missed 2 weeks of uni. And the worst part is that i actually know the guy and took her on the rebound knowing she was vulnerable. Try talking to close friends who whenever we go out drinking they take my fone off me just in case i do one of my stupid calls to her. Its very very hard at the beginning because after 2 years i thought she would want to give it time and not jump on the first guy that came around. Im even on anxiety medication for it and everyday is a struggle. If you need any help at all. Pm me and i can give you further details, because after working in a pharmacy for 5 years there are some over the counter calmatives that may help you but remeber they are for short term use only. Keep your head up and stick by ur close mates and hopefully it will improve.. i just havent seen that improvement yet..GL and remember you can do so much but...patience is the key..i think my family was outstanding in their constant support offering me holidaays which i rejected because i knew with her in my mind i wouldnt enjoy them....like they say there are many fish in the sea, But i want that one :) Lol

I think everyone can feel your pain hun. i have had 2 really bad break ups. The first guy i caught in bed with me best friend.the next one i found out after a year that he was married, when his wife rocked up on my doorstep with his 4 children! I cried, screamed, lashed out everyone else who cared about me. the worse thing about any break up is the baggage you can end up carrying around for life.

the sdvice that has been given before is spot on , IMO, go out with your mates, put a smile on your face even if you dont feel like it (smiling in itself makes you feel happier.) get drunk, party, enjoy your "freedom" etc, and eventually, with time, you'll start realising that life aint so bad, and before you know it she'll be a distant memory.

And as someone else said before, success is the best revenge- if that fails- as also said before, do her best friend! ;)

Females go thru this too.Knotted stomach,crying all the time,no appetite and sleeping/lying about all day.last time it happened to me (long time ago now) get up,shower,spruce yourself up,go get drunk,pick a fight,get laid,go home.you will feel better.but time heals all wounds.

Im Concrete ! I dont get this

And that's on a normal day without a break up!

Hahaha Gordo you're gonna cop it for that.
On a slightly different note, Sookie have you ever seen Ricky Gervais - Fame by and chance? There is a skit in there about a Sookie and that's all I can think of when I see your name

Hahaha Gordo you're gonna cop it for that.
On a slightly different note, Sookie have you ever seen Ricky Gervais - Fame by and chance? There is a skit in there about a Sookie and that's all I can think of when I see your name

hehehehe!

I think everyone can feel your pain hun. i have had 2 really bad break ups. The first guy i caught in bed with me best friend.the next one i found out after a year that he was married, when his wife rocked up on my doorstep with his 4 children! I cried, screamed, lashed out everyone else who cared about me. the worse thing about any break up is the baggage you can end up carrying around for life.

the sdvice that has been given before is spot on , IMO, go out with your mates, put a smile on your face even if you dont feel like it (smiling in itself makes you feel happier.) get drunk, party, enjoy your "freedom" etc, and eventually, with time, you'll start realising that life aint so bad, and before you know it she'll be a distant memory.

And as someone else said before, success is the best revenge- if that fails- as also said before, do her best friend! ;)

ouch

awww mate i feel for you it really sux aye i find it better to deal with the emotions that you will go through naturally that way u can real deal with it if u get wasted or suppress it eventually it will just blow up in your face and end up a lot worse working out and hitting the gym does really help its very hard to let go of somone special especially if you think things could be worked out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back