Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to all who helped out with myself, RevDaniel and our 2 kids today.
Unfortunately, I missed most of the day. But after a few hours of rest and hospital care we are all back at home.

I really am not sure whom I most need to thank, Jen for organising the day, nightowl and Scott (?) for the lifts from the train station. And all the people who looked after the kids, and myself while I wasn't feeling the best.

Despite having to leave early and being unwell I enjoyed meeting those of you whom I did manage to get to meet.
(And finding out I actually knew Jen from primary and high school)

Hope the next get together I will actually be well for!

Christina

I hope you are feeling better. I was sick too (ahh the side effects of not having a galbladder) So didnt enjoy myself as much as i would have liked to either.

So, Little_Fox, were you the one lying down in the foyer with the Ambulance officers when I got there?
It was a great day, even if I was only there for half of it and didn't meet many members.
We slept in till 10 because we went to a wedding the day before and didn't get to bed till about 3 am.

Thats nothing Rennie, no excuse! lol

I worked 530am to 230, then played cricket 230-6pm then had a 21st in the city, walked back to Darling Harbour from Kings Cross at 330am and fell asleep at 430am! Still beat you there! hehe

Well.....mine's better!!! :lol:

I had work 9-12 saturday followed by a gig saturday night. Got home at 1:30am, had a shower and packed the car to leave at 3am to drive to Gosford. Got to the train station at 8am to pick up Little_Fox and passangers then went to the park. Stopped at Steve's on the way home at about 5:30pm and then drove home, arriving at 11pm :lol: Was a loooong day!!!!!

Shane

Holy smoke, nightowl, where did you come to the ARP from?

Well I rolled out of bed at 0630, stuffed around, had some brekkie, trundled up, stopped for more brekkie, continued trundling and pulled in around 0820ish.. and you got there the same time as me!...then I spent half the day sleeping in the sun on the grass anyway :p

Holy smoke, nightowl, where did you come to the ARP from?

Well I rolled out of bed at 0630, stuffed around, had some brekkie, trundled up, stopped for more brekkie, continued trundling and pulled in around 0820ish.. and you got there the same time as me!...then I spent half the day sleeping in the sun on the grass anyway :p

We came down from Cowra, about 115km west of Bathurst. I played a gig at a town about an hour south of home on Saturday night.

Works out about 4.5 - 5 hours drive to Gosford from Cowra and worth the trip to! :) Was great to meet people like yourself! :D

Shane

Works out about 4.5 - 5 hours drive to Gosford from Cowra and worth the trip to! :) Was great to meet people like yourself! :D

Shane

Likewise :D . I still have to get up to Bathurst sometime, really want to cruise the holdy round Mt Panorama, but I have only been as far west as Katoomba to date.:| Have to take a weekend and go for a drive!

So, Little_Fox, were you the one lying down in the foyer with the Ambulance officers when I got there?
It was a great day, even if I was only there for half of it and didn't meet many members.
We slept in till 10 because we went to a wedding the day before and didn't get to bed till about 3 am.

Yes, that would have been me.
Way too "jet lagged" (minus the jet) .. had been up since early saturday morning (bloody early rising children), went for a nice long walk shopping on saturday afternoon. Then another lovely walk at 12:30am to pick up freddy from the train to come back here to stay the night to head to ARP together, was well after 2:30am that RevDaniel and myself finally crawled into bed. And just before 5am to rise and be ready. Last minute rat catching for swapping at the park with another APS member for rabbits (which when I fell (more) ill) we forgot to collect before me being shuttled off in an ambulance. (However the Rats made the way to their new home, the rabbits did get home to us also. -- And the female popped out 6 adorable little babies over night last night (25th/26th))

Next time I will aim for a bedtime well before midnight for at least ONE night before a trip!

Thanks again to everyone for a lot of help, and a great day.

(Jessica (4) came home absolutely exhausted and happy to have had some little kids to play with)

Thanks all for coming. I missed the retic feeding, too many people to squeeze past with little Jess in tow. Little_Fox, you are lucky you got the kids back, they were both awesome all day and i really wanted to keep them!! Sorry about the crossed wires though!! Bit of 'sad' news, my camera was actually stolen on the day, which was a bit upsetting, esp. as it had a 256 card in it! if anyone thinks they saw anything it happened before lunch either during the reptile show or just after, with all the confusion of Little_Fox being carted off to hospital. Hope you are feeling better hon. I thought everyone would stick together more as well, but it just didn't seem to happen. Thanks to John and esp to Tim, who helped calm me down several times - cheeky bugger! THERE WAS NEVER ANY KARAOKE!! Bloody John, embassed the hell out of me. Wow, sorry for the long post.

Hey Kiwicam, you're more than welcome to come over when you're up this way, just let me know :)

Sorry to hear about your camera Jen :( Hopefully somebody has some info for you.

Shane

Wow little fox I thought the rabbit would be having babies soon but not that soon! She had six last time too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back