Got a new piercing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know if there is anyone here that's had dermal anchors before?

I'm going to get four, where I've had surface peircings before but I'm still a little unsure about how bad they scar, or how easily you can get them removed?

i have a mate that's had dermal anchors. He's taken them out now, and can't really notice too much scarring. They were fairly easy to remove he says, although I'm not entirely sure of this as I've not had them done myself & can't tell your first hand sorry.

i have a mate that's had dermal anchors. He's taken them out now, and can't really notice too much scarring. They were fairly easy to remove he says, although I'm not entirely sure of this as I've not had them done myself & can't tell your first hand sorry.

Oh really, thats good about the scarring. Although I don't really scar easily, when I took my surface bars out they barely even left a mark. I've just heard so many mixed reviews about how easy they'd be able to be taken out.
I guess I'll let you all know how I go when I get the money together & get them haha

What's a dermal anchor?

http://wiki.bmezine.com/index.php/Microdermal

The jewelery
180px-Microdermal_2.jpg

The procedure:
Microdermal_3.jpg

End result:
Dermalanchor1.jpg

thanks :D and here i thought i knew that website so well now! Kinda looks painful...? Well so does all of it but oh well!

You see it from a different view than I do, boa.

Even if I was mega hot or ugly it wouldn't change my opinion on body modification and would still want to get them. It's not just about looks.
I love the excitement of getting it, I love how it looks, I love how it feels (before, during and after). It's expressing myself in a different way. It's an art form. I love it all.

I love being different, I like the fact I'm not plain looking like everybody else. I get negative reactions and positive reactions but it really doesn't matter whether people like it or not, as long as I like it I'll continue doing it. Other people's opinion on my looks doesn't bother me one bit. I am who I am and if people can't accept it or at least be open minded about it than they're not worth knowing.

I realize that getting a job would be hard being so modified, but that's why i'm going to wait a few years before I start really getting into it. I need more time to think about the more heavier stuff and I also would like to try to get working in the modification industry.

I've wanted to work in the industry for about 4-5 years. I've been thinking about being heavier modified for the past year. I'll continue thinking about it for another year or so just so I know that I really do want it. I don't think i'll change my mind but it is something big so I want to be absolutely sure.

G'day Metal,

As someone with permanent body mods, my first advice is WAIT. Until you're atleast 20, preferably older. Stick with your play piercings, but steer away from scarification, implants, tattoo's and tongue splits. Luckily the choices I made when I was 17 turned out to be OK, but I now know that I didn't fully understand the meaning of the **** permanent, and I didn't fully understand everything that comes with having visual modifications.

G'day Metal,

As someone with permanent body mods, my first advice is WAIT. Until you're atleast 20, preferably older. Stick with your play piercings, but steer away from scarification, implants, tattoo's and tongue splits. Luckily the choices I made when I was 17 turned out to be OK, but I now know that I didn't fully understand the meaning of the **** permanent, and I didn't fully understand everything that comes with having visual modifications.

Thanks for the advice.
I do understand the meaning of the w-o-r-d permanent. And didn't you read the last paragraph of what I wrote? :p

I put a ring in my lip tonight to see how it'd look. Here's the result. Sorry about the quality of the picture. Look hard enough and you shall see.
I'm buying a new ring tomorrow hopefully, this one is just temporary. I'll get better ones then.
l_30eb6dcdea01ec5f439e730d86c70e36.jpg

i like the look of the ring in your lip Metal Jazz

although i don't plan to get any tattoos or more piercings, i enjoy seeing others artistic creations.

I only have my tongue pierced.. i have wanted it since i first saw one when i was 11, and i got it 10 years later :)

-Penny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back