Gravid U.Milii- BIG Problems

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this one hear is not viable? It seems Viable, its nice and white, nothing like jelly!

Yes, Saz is right, but if the egg is firm it is still could be good and should be treated as such. Normally when a female lays them days apart the eggs are soggy and are no good.

The egg has some dents in it. When removing the egg, I accidently put a small dent in it too but the dent just popped back out. It looks alright I suppose. I'll give it a go though.

Due to her being Gravid for so long (after she lays the other egg), How long a rest should I give her before re introducing the Male? I think one thing that was holding her back was maybe the sand type. I had red Desert Sand in there but replaced it with Yellow smooth. I did this on Saturday Morning, went away for the night and she had laid, could that have been the problem, The sand?

Thanks everyone.
Shawn

I thought I would inform you that she has laid the second egg. It is nothing Like Jelly. It has a firm yet soft shell, completely white and appears to be quite viable.

How long until I should re introduce the male?

Thanks as always,
Shawn

Congrats Shawn - well done, I am going through the same thing with my girl, just playing the waiting game - she hasn't laid yet, I think it was the stress of moving her around the time she was due.

Mystery,
I know what its like, waiting, worrying, stressing etc. Now I know first hand that they will come through and lay successfully. I hope your Female has a safe and successful lay and your eggs hatch into lovely Milii.

Shawn

So do I Shawn. Could you still see the eggs in your girl? Mine aren't real visible. She is still quite big and has the same thing going on with her tail as yours did. Im over the stressing (not, can't help it). Whats it going to be like waiting for the bubs to hatch and caring for them. All very exciting but stressful also.

As long as the female is in good nic, you can leave the male in all year round, and remove only if female (s) are looking abit thin.

Yes, the eggs were VERY visible! Yeah, as mentioned somewhere else, the process takes alot out of the female (weight, health etc) which explains the tail.

Have you removed the male to another cage? If not, I would advise it as I have been told with Geckos, Dragons and Goannas, the female may retain them as they think the Male may harm them, the eggs that is.

Have you got an incubator ready?

Regards,
Shawn

Thanks JasonL, for all the help.

How long until I should re introduce the Male?

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back