green tree snake Q's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do all of you behave like this if you look up the top of the page there are questions asked instead of fighting just answer the questions, the point of a forum is to gain information if you dont like the question dont post anything simple as that.

i found this website, http://aqua-terra-vita.com/GreenTreePythonsWP/Care.html, could someone check it who has owned a green tree snake so i can pass the information on to wizsel if its accurate so he can finally get some answers... then we can get bak to it... snakes well being now he's already got it should be priority number 1... then whoever wants to have a go at me then fine... i dont care... as long as he gets some accurate information

Thats not even the same bloody snake, perfect example there.

i found this website, http://aqua-terra-vita.com/GreenTreePythonsWP/Care.html, could someone check it who has owned a green tree snake so i can pass the information on to wizsel if its accurate so he can finally get some answers... then we can get bak to it... snakes well being now he's already got it should be priority number 1... then whoever wants to have a go at me then fine... i dont care... as long as he gets some accurate information

That site will be of no use as he has a green tree snake not a
green tree python they are very different animals

Case and point - apparently minimal research done post-purchase doesn't work as well as some claim...

Unfortunately, this thread has fallen by the wayside - encouraging irresponsible animal ownership often has this outcome...

thats wat im talking about... i typed in green tree snake and that came up... maybe he's done the same thing and is gettin the same info and not realising... and thats y i asked everyone here before trying to pass on any information because I DONT HAVE ANY IDEA... but im trying to help!

i have a green tree snake living in my downstairs bathroom, i found him in my system i found in my yucca's eating green tree frogs , i also found him up high nice and dry i also live in far nth qld so i am assuming he likes water, humidity and frogs. basicially try to replicate there habitat

thats wat im talking about... i typed in green tree snake and that came up... maybe he's done the same thing and is gettin the same info and not realising... and thats y i asked everyone here before trying to pass on any information because I DONT HAVE ANY IDEA... but im trying to help!

Not having a go at you mate, good effort. Just wrong species. Thanks for trying. Maybe someone who actually owns these snakes will have some good advice for the new owner. ;-)

i have a green tree snake living in my downstairs bathroom, i found him in my system i found in my yucca's eating green tree frogs , i also found him up high nice and dry i also live in far nth qld so i am assuming he likes water, humidity and frogs. basicially try to replicate there habitat

So what you're saying is put him in the toilet? LOL. I couldn't resist. Ha ha. :lol:

yeah i no ur not trying to have a go at me im just gettin frusturated cause who knows if wizsel has gotten any information.. and just then i typed into google "caring for green tree snakes temperature" and the list from the first page all have to do with green tree pythons... i had no idea there was a difference and who knows if wizsel does either? for all i know he cudn't be using the information from the green tree pythons information...

well what can i say that is where he was paliadon, in the system, and obviously very comfortable

well what can i say that is where he was paliadon, in the system, and obviously very comfortable

Don't worry, I come from just South of Cairns and know the snakes can get everywhere, I have found them in the engine bay of my car during the cooler months to the front step, to the back yard to the dart board case out the back. I tell you, my wife doesn't think much of them when a scrubby comes sliding out from behind the dryer. ;-)

hi just got a new green tree snake curious as how to best look after him should i get a humidifier? can any one tell me the best temp to keep him at? how should his enclosure look? and how do i breed them? thanks

ok he has probably done reasearch and asks How best to look after the Snake, The best temp to keep him at. He is asking these question to decide how he should keep the snake. He may have got advice and just wants second oppinions to keep a happy healthy animal. If he bought one snake he may want to breed them in the future. who knows who he bought it off, who cares. this site is about giving out information about australian reptiles, so why is it so hard to do so without starting World War 3? So from wizsel message where does it emply he knows nothing about the species?c'mon people stop bloody bickering and help him out.

Wizesl,
1. no you will not need a humidifier but just a large water bowel and misting twice a day depending on the size of the enclosure.
2. I would have a 40 degree basking spot and a cool area of around 24-26 degrees
3.the enclosure should have branches for climbing and a above ground hiding spot, like a bird box.
4. not sure how to breed them but speak with other members who breed them and you will find out
cheers
Blake

i tried saying that too but u supplied information which im really thankful for cause i had no idea but wanted to help but as u can see that didn't get very far... i was even looking up the wrong species lol... thanks for your help everyone... its good to see that even thou there is heated discussion the reason behind it is we all care so much about our reptiles and just want wats best for them... even thou as we've seen people have different approaches to raising their own... and thanks to the people who pm'd wizsel with some information so he didn't have to go thru 5 pages of info to get it lol...

This thread explains exactly why a good book is sometimes best!!!

What book/s is it that you are talking about? If there is a book with detailed info on their husbandry i would like to know about it.

I think you would get better husbandry information reading Harry Potter then you would from most posts in this thread,,,

there is good info in this thread it has just been taken over with bickering, to my knowledge there is no book on gts so asking here or another site is pretty much the only thing you can do.

Sorry, I agree with the research, c'mon, before you contemplate keeping any animal would you not research what the basic requirements are to keep the animal in captivity? It makes perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back