Gtp help ASAP please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justdragons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I need help ASAP. I have gotten a call from a mate who is feeding some snakes for a friend and I came over to find this.. What do I do??
y6a7e9us.jpg

I know the photo is poo but my phone is scratched to all bugger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what looking at mate, looks like its had two large feeds???

If that's the case it may just regurgitate the extra one if it's uncomfortable.

Otherwise I'd monitor the next week or do for it to crap .

Hard to see what we're looking at though

has it tied itself in a knot?

EDIT: Oh wait, now I see! It has a rat stuck in it's throat...sorry :/
2nd EDIT: Looking at it again it does look like a knot. Can we ask what we are looking for? Or could you give a description because of the dodgy photo? (no offense)

Last edited:
agree with cool kinda hard to tell whats going on there mate , kinda looks like its got itself in a bit of a knot maybe

It's got a large bulge 1/3 down the body, buls is as big as a golf ball the really skinny for the next 3rd then the last 3rd looks full like it hasn't poo'd in a while. Very weak cannot pull its tail up on to the log or strike. I can on my number if anyone has a lot of experience with a Gtp if anyone will help me??

i thought the tail looked a little off but put it down to the angle his laying in and the angle of the pic , im not to sure what to do but be careful as from what i know gtps are prone to prolapse

Mate I'd say it's had a large feed, the extra weight is hard for it to mow as normal. Give it 10 mins and see if it has progressed down to the stomach or vice versa regurgitated it.

I'm told the last feed was last Sunday

It could have also been over fed previously and as such has has larger than normal bowl movements, swelling and protruding it's butt. This friend of your know how much to feed it?

You're gonna need a much better pic than that, I'd imagine, but see if you can get at Michael Cermak on FB - I've heard he has a GTP or two, and he might have some ideas for you.

Give him 10 minutes like cool suggested. He will probably get it down....hopefully! Good luck mate!

- - - Updated - - -

Give him 10 minutes like cool suggested. He will probably get it down....hopefully! Good luck mate!

I'm told the last feed was last Sunday

So the last feed was last Sunday, or it's just had one now ? If the last feed was last Sunday then I'm not really sure what waiting 10 minutes will achieve ?

So the last feed was last Sunday, or it's just had one now ? If the last feed was last Sunday then I'm not really sure what waiting 10 minutes will achieve ?

Waiting 10 minutes is just to give him some time to see if he will start to swallow. After that I'd begin to worry

Waiting 10 minutes is just to give him some time to see if he will start to swallow. After that I'd begin to worry

So if the last feed was LAST Sunday, waiting an extra 10 minutes will give him time to swallow it ?

I don't think it's a swallowing issue.

Is there a reptile vet in adelaide?

Wow, poor thing, hope it recovers soon.
Not sure what is wrong or if there are vets in Adelaide but I just really hope the snake is okay.

So if the last feed was LAST Sunday, waiting an extra 10 minutes will give him time to swallow it ?

I meant if he fed it tonight... I thought his friend had fed him last Sun. and then again tonight! I thought he did since the bump was so high in the snake... My bad, must have read it wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back