Gtp help ASAP please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, not having a dig at anyone but don't think the OP could bare to physically inflict the blow to the animal, I know I couldn't.
There's always the CO2 option then freeze once asleep. I've used that method on lizards and fish. Works well.
Puts them to sleep then kills.
Hard to comprehend then death of a pet/loved one either way.
Good luck mate

I have to agree with you cools, although i did ask the question. I dont think i could manage the old head squash.. Im going to book in friday then freeze her so the owner can perform an autopsy.. I also went through my computer last night and saw a photo i took when i first got my camera and i took a photo of the GTP in question before she was sick. i chuck it up later... she was very nice indeed..

I know it is off topis a bit but in reply to a previous reply, (if you know what I mean)Oxytocin works a treat on turtles to induce them to lay eggs...I don't use it but I know that when it is used for retained eggs, it works very well. And Just Dragons, you have created a rare post here, where there has been no bickering and backstabbing, just great advice and sympathy. You have done very well in your treatment of this sad state of affairs.
You need to get a snake..ha ha ha..

I cannot help but agree, the support here is amazing and everyone has been great. I was going to change my name to JustDragonswithahintofpythons but I thought it would be a nightmare signing in lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The head remains alive after it is severed. Baz posted elsewhere that the head can remain aware for up to 15 minutes after the fact.

The guy who died last week was bitten by a brown twice after he removed it's head from the body.

I have to agree with you cools, although i did ask the question. I dont think i could manage the old head squash.. Im going to book in friday then freeze her so the owner can perform an autopsy.. I also went through my computer last night and saw a photo i took when i first got my camera and i took a photo of the GTP in question before she was sick. i chuck it up later... she was very nice indeed..
It is a lot better to only chill a carcase for autopsy rather than freezing. Freezing prevents some inspection and testing.

cheers wokka. my mate wont be back until feb though.. will she go off so to speak??

It happend to my coastle. Nd her lower half went partalised. I had to help her push ot down but u must let her do most of the pushing. Or u will prolaps it //// when it is realy bad u can feel its lower body. Throbing. //As it pushs on a nerv. Nd the back half gos limp from the blockage ///better to go to a reptile vet as it will die if its not fixed. Cheers. Hope all gos well

It happend to my coastle. Nd her lower half went partalised. I had to help her push ot down but u must let her do most of the pushing. Or u will prolaps it //// when it is realy bad u can feel its lower body. Throbing. //As it pushs on a nerv. Nd the back half gos limp from the blockage ///better to go to a reptile vet as it will die if its not fixed. Cheers. Hope all gos well

Didn't read the thread, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back