Gtp help ASAP please

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
will do, when she wasnt sick she has the best blue markings. Im taking her home tonight after the vet, can anyone point me to a gtp care sheet just so i know i have everything comfy for her..

will do, when she wasnt sick she has the best blue markings. Im taking her home tonight after the vet, can anyone point me to a gtp care sheet just so i know i have everything comfy for her..

Mate i believe there is a Gtp fact sheet at the top of the Australian snakes forum. Hope this helps and the lil guy is ok.

cancer/tumor... he wanted to put her to sleep. I couldnt make the decision as she isnt my snake.. im so devo for her. ive been holding her tonight and she is such a puppydog.. and quite pretty.. its made me sad :(

now to make a sad phone call..

cheers for all your comments guys.. JD

Yeah :( she is still trucking on, trying to move around the click clak but she is just pulling a dead weight as the tumor is around the cardio vascular system he said and is restricting blood flow to the bottom half, so when she is hanging on a branch her tail is filling with fluid hence the fat tail :(

Yeah :( she is still trucking on, trying to move around the click clak but she is just pulling a dead weight as the tumor is around the cardio vascular system he said and is restricting blood flow to the bottom half, so when she is hanging on a branch her tail is filling with fluid hence the fat tail :(
bummer , all the best to your mate , not a great thing to have happen when your on holidays out of the country

Poor critter. How old is she? Condolences to your mate.

Aww, I nearly cried and I never cry, I am so sorry to hear that JD :(
Such a sad outcome for such a stunning and sweet snake :(

I'm sorry to hear that. What really surprises me is that the tumor grew so quick. I'm sure it was there for a wile. Going from a claimed healthy snake to this in a week makes me wonder.

I'm sorry to hear that. What really surprises me is that the tumor grew so quick. I'm sure it was there for a wile. Going from a claimed healthy snake to this in a week makes me wonder.

Aggressive tumours are usually highly vascular. Perhaps there was bleeding into the tumour bed, causing a rapid expansion. I don't imagine we'll ever know. I hope the python doesn't suffer much lomger.

That's a sad outcome jd. Unfortunately tumours aren't unusual in snakes, and they can be extremely aggresive as mikey_mike has said. I had a pair of beautifully striped Intergrades a few years ago, and both died from tumours within 3 weeks of each other not long after they produced their first clutch of eggs. In the case of the GTP it may have been the feed which triggered a bleed or some other change.

Life sucks sometimes :(!

Jamie

sorry to hear justdragons. as i mentioned about my coastal's tumor it happened in only a couple of days. i fed her and i thought it may have been a stuck regurge when i found the lump in her neck, then only a day later it was the size of a tennis ball. it can be very quick in reptiles, and after reading some of the above comments i am thinking it may have been triggered by the feed now. good luck with you're friend, i know it will be a tough conversation to have over the phone

sorry to hear justdragons. as i mentioned about my coastal's tumor it happened in only a couple of days. i fed her and i thought it may have been a stuck regurge when i found the lump in her neck, then only a day later it was the size of a tennis ball. it can be very quick in reptiles, and after reading some of the above comments i am thinking it may have been triggered by the feed now. good luck with you're friend, i know it will be a tough conversation to have over the phone

Thats spooky, that is what he said may have happened.

@chris- Yeah mate thanks for the number.. He really is a great vet..

@ Pythoninfinite- That is hard, were they the same blood lines? is it something genetic do you think? an inheritable trait?

@ venomous_rbb- Thanks, it is a sad outcome.. just wish i could have been involved with her under different circumstances.

Cheers everyone for comments and help along the way.. This is why i love APS. And people think we just bicker.. lol

Out of all this one thing has happened, A snake that up until now i liked but never thought of owning because ive been told they are just a show piece and dont do anything. Now im smitten by them. Im not sure what it is but they are quiter special.

@chris- Yeah mate thanks for the number.. He really is a great vet.

Fortunately I've never needed his services, his name comes up whenever a reptile vet is needed in southern Adelaide. Never heard anything negative about him, heaps of people recommend him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back