Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tourett

Reaction score
I must admit I only had a breif look but I couldnt see a related post.
Does anyone know how much they were asking for the GTPs on Herp Trader.
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.

hey tourett there going for $6500

Not going Al, Gooooone. In less than 3 hours as well!!!! Now, where is MooseNoose??

i think it is more like 9500 i looked yesterday
sorry i was looking at" pails for scales "
sorry gpt confused i havent been herptrader for a couple od days

There has been a few clutches sold this season, and a few more incubating at the moment. Whats everyones opinion on the GTP market in the next 5 years?

i reckon some people will be letting them go for $4000...well thats my opinion

IMO I think after the amount that have been already sold this season and the amount still not ready for sale (incubating) i think that they will come down a fair bit or a lot of breeders are going to get stuck with them if they dont drop there prices.

cheers

IMO GTPs are the most overated pythons in Australia. I can't see what the big deal about them is! If I had the money to buy one, I wouldn't. I would much rather buy a few stimmies, some more coastals and a BHP or 2.

But seriously, if you want a GTP just paint any of our carpet pythons green and there ya have it. Just MO.

craig.a.c said:
But seriously, if you want a GTP just paint any of our carpet pythons green and there ya have it. Just MO.
That is just stupid, it's like saying B&G Jungles are just a black and yellow carpet, or that the hypermelantistic Darwin is just a black carpet. As Steve has said before if anyone here had a coastal hatch out pure green they would probably be jumping for joy, how many ustralian snakes are almost pure lime green? They also have characteristics other snakes don't have.

I like them for their passivity and their beauty. Personally I think black-heads look nasty and evil (but Dad wants some of these too, so I'm going to have to get used to them!)

It's trite, but a truism - beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think Brad Pitt is over-rated, but Nick Cave is just the dishiest thing around!

re GTP

So i presume your a female reptililian,no wonder daddy loves you!! :D My little daughter loves reptiles too but might be waiting a while for a GTP unless the old boy wins Lotto! :) Cheers colin.

Passivity?
i heard they bite. I also thought the blue parent looked a little ardinary and I was suspicious that they didn't post a pic of the babies and that they didn't sell them sexed...rip off

Yeah, I'm a girl. (reptil-LILI-an, not many tough aussie blokes out there called Lily, thank gosh!)

I could've said I prefer Cate Blanchette to Jessica Simpson, but I think all the guys out there would have wanted to lynch me for bagging out on the girl every guy seems to think the perfect female! C'mon, do you REALLY want us to be that dumb?!? :(

Any species of snake can bite! What I meant was, I've been told that they spent all their time just draped elegantly over a branch in that beautiful gt way, just sitting there expecting to be admired!

And it is strongly advised not to sex them until they're atleast one yr old. I've been informed that no reputable breeder will sex them until then. And I definately won't be buying anything under one year old if it's been sexed.

I dug the blue parent. What I'm not particularly keen on are the different morphs that Greg Maxwell is coming up with. Not that we have access to them anyway. But, just out of curiosity, is there any research being done into the possibility of artificial insemination, importation of frozen sperm, etc?

that would still be considered exotic i think as its from overseas even tho GTP's in some forms are aussie, his might be PNG....correct me if im wrong someone

Snake sperm - if you can obtain it - cannot be legally imported into Australia at this time.

For the law to change, here's what has to happen (simplified version):

Biosecurity Australia would need to conduct an Import Risk Analysis on snake sperm which would take several months (or years), they then make recommendations to Parliament, who then either sign off on the recommendations, reject them, or send them for further discussions.

Assuming the powers that be sign off on the recommendations, then you would need to meet the requirements they dictate - which can be expensive. This would also incorporate Customs/Quarantine/CITES conditions, and possibly also State DPI/Agriculture conditions too.

:p

Hix

Hi Hix.

Interesting to read your post. You're the one who went on hols & took those beautiful pics & knew all the names of the critters you saw, right? I'm guessing you'd never get your cows and lizards mixed up!

I was just wondering about your background and what it is you do. Something in the reptile/animal/scienticic world, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back