Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Passivity?
i heard they bite. I also thought the blue parent looked a little ardinary and I was suspicious that they didn't post a pic of the babies and that they didn't sell them sexed...rip off
Ordinary?, they look about the same as just about every other green python in the country. Also if you do some research you'll find that sexing baby greens is extremely risky due to their fragile tails so you'd be more inclined to feel 'ripped off' if they actually had been sexed

reptililian said:
I think Brad Pitt is over-rated, but Nick Cave is just the dishiest thing around!

Nick Cave used to hang out with bad seeds!

Back on topic. I don't think that GTP's will ever be super cheap but the price will come down. The nature of the GTP market I think means that morphs will always attract a lot of interest and a price to match.

I would love to see the price of pure bred Aussie lines come within reach of the average Aussie herper who knows how to look after them which might happen one day. As for the morphs if it stays as a specialty market with specialty prices I cannot see that being bad for Aussie Herpers either.

I would love to see the price of pure bred Aussie lines come within reach of the average Aussie herper who knows how to look after them which might happen one day.
I'm inclined to agree with you, Herptrader. It's a shame there is such an air of secrecy and elitism surrounding them, although considering their prices @ this point I can understand the need for secrecy. And it's a shame that most people who want one don't have access to this divine creature. Hopefully there'll come a time when if she wants one, Zulu's daughter can buy one without having won lotto.

Also, the more we start talking about them, and spreading around the word of how to look after them, then perhaps by the time this happens people will know all about their particular needs and how to keep them. Things like not sexing them til 1yr old and what to do to prevent prolapse will become common knowledge. It would be too awful if a "Chondro Python Syndrome" became prevalent.

as for the ones on herptrader i was wanting to post this same thread, wanting to know the price, and as for 6500 i thnk that is very cheap considering that would have to be the only gtp i have seen that looks like and ozy as for the blue one well, i cant tell, but the male sure showed the signs of a pure ozy as far as i know. either way im posative when i have the money to get some in about 3 yrs they will be only about 3-4k due to the amount that where bred this yr and the amount that will have been bred between now and my purchase i can honestly say when i breed them i will sell the babies for 3500 or less, mainly because i belive the prce will be much cheaper by then.

reptililian said:
... and spreading around the word of how to look after them, then perhaps by the time this happens people will know all about their particular needs and how to keep them. Things like not sexing them til 1yr old and what to do to prevent prolapse will become common knowledge. It would be too awful if a "Chondro Python Syndrome" became prevalent.

Maxwell's book and a similar volume about to be published do a lot to address this. It contains more details on breeding and husbandry techniques for Chondros than any text I have ever read on any species of herp. The detail is such that I would recommend these texts to anybody interested in breeding pythons.

Been trying madly to get my hands on a copy. Is a new edition being printed? Is that why I'm having trouble finding it? Can you tell me where/when I can get one?

reptililian said:
Been trying madly to get my hands on a copy. Is a new edition being printed? Is that why I'm having trouble finding it? Can you tell me where/when I can get one?

reptilian,
We have got this book for sale and it is on special at the moment,
so check out our specials on our webpage and you will find it there.
www.ultimatereptiles.com.au

Regards Tim

I am awaiting Max's new book "The more complete Chondro"
Which is an expanded edition of "the complete Chondro"

reptililian said:
I could've said I prefer Cate Blanchette to Jessica Simpson, but I think all the guys out there would have wanted to lynch me for bagging out on the girl every guy seems to think the perfect female (

Lily, neither of those are the perfect girl, believe me. They dont even reach mediocre. Neither are worth a second glance!! :wink:

im not really fussed on them either but that blue one was awesome and if i did have the money i probly wouldnt get one either i would spend it on a coupke of bhps and some spencers :)

Nice to hear, serpenttounge! Personally I think Marie Bashir (Governor of NSW) is a pretty fantastic woman. I was disappointed she wasn't offered the position of Gov of Oz when it became vacant a little while ago.

Re my post about chondro prices dropping, I just wanted to say that I hope noone took it the wrong way. Increasing numbers (and from what I've been hearing there's been a real baby boom of chondros this year) obviously mean that the price will come down to some degree, and the better informed future chondro-buyers are, the better off their python is going to be.

At this point, I don't know nearly as much about keeping one as I would/should like to know, but I'm certainly trying to educate myself as rapidly as possible. Many thanks to you guys out there with gtp experience who have been willing to chat with me, offering advice and tips. It's so good of you and I really really appreciate it. Thankyou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back