Gym/Climbing Equipment for Aboreal Snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i just let my md venture over our 4 post bed. she likes it, the clothes airer works well too! i am tempted to get a bird ladder to put in her enclosure.

My Jungle loves my bed posts. She'll perch up there for ages & isn't a hassle at all. I barely need to keep my eye on her & worry she'll go missing.. It's all in good fun up until she becomes stubborn when I try to remove her.

Grab a nice piece of driftwood

Yeah personally I'd rather go for a bit of natural wood. It's free & easy to obtain, looks natural (what with being from nature & that...), has different thicknesses, textures etc over its length, & are perfect for a shedding snake. If the branch gets soiled, chuck it out & put in a new one. I don't even bother suspending mine, I just cut them to size so they go from the corner of the floor to the diagonally opposite corner at the ceiling. Position them in a way the won't twist or slip & voila. No need to soak it, cook it, treat it etc (although if using driftwood as longqi said, it may pay to soak it to get rid of any salt in it), just clean off any dirt, loose bark, trim off twigs etc & you're ready to go.

I like ones that are fairly thick, with nice solid forks in them, my Bredl's practically live in their branches. Personally I can't be bothered stuffing around gluing, drilling, cutting, coating etc something that'll still look obviously man made, when I can just whack in a big stick.

Still, horses for courses, if you're after the satisfaction of creating something yourself, that's awesome & good luck with it, I'm sure your snake will use it just as much.

i had a mates dad make me a hat stand out of wood, he used a large round block of wood for the base and dow in various positions all the way up to the top he coated it in clear lacquer all over. while it gets used as a hat stand every now and again its main job is a snake post, all my pythons love it and they climb around for while then sit there for hours i also though about geting another made with a small heat lamp at the end shining on the end of the branch,

if you use this find tall branches that twist and turn , mines about 2 meters tall

$5 worth of bamboo from a thrift shop
$5 worth of silk plants from the same shop
$3 for a roll of twine

elbow grease, scissors and a wood saw and one yearling JCP exploring his new enclosure...

P1020463.jpg

P1020466.jpg

P1020467.jpg

Nice one, I didn't think of bamboo & twine. I guess it's reasonably stable when tensioned and positioned correctly?
The best part about it would be to have spare twine on hand and to be able to pull it apart & rebuild differently, giving the animal new structures to explore.

Nice one, I didn't think of bamboo & twine. I guess it's reasonably stable when tensioned and positioned correctly?
The best part about it would be to have spare twine on hand and to be able to pull it apart & rebuild differently, giving the animal new structures to explore.

Tension is fine just keep yanking at it hard with each loop and yeah it's pretty stable. It doesnt take much twine to hold them together as you can see from the base of the structure where it's tied. Bit of fake plants around it and you get a pretty usefull structure. I haven't finished decorating that enclosure as it's meant to be a "display" enclosure. I need some kritter crumble, better looking hides on the floor and the shelf and maybe a background then it should come up a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back