Heat Globe

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Froggiestyle

Reaction score
just wondering what,wattage heat globe would i need for a 30cm all round demension tank?

i need my temp to be at 27C - 30C, got a water heater chanking also

Thankyou

For that size tank i'd go for a 20watt heat matt. You will also need a thermostat.

yeh well the temperature sits at 24.9 and wont get any higher so i only need to get another 5 degree's, i got the water heater on the bottom like i said heating it up from there and i put cardboard all around the side and left the front off which that holds the heat in so no need for the heat matt because the heater and the cardboard are doing its job so i was thinking heat lights ended up getting a exo terra glow light and a 40w heat globe but just wanted to know if that watt is okay and wont fry my frogs!!

If used correctly with a thermostat it will be fine, if used without it will get to hot.

well didnt explain myself properly. i got the glow light Porcelain Clamp lamp from exo terra that would be alright to monitor the heat???

bump!!!

well i had the heat globe on last night and i water heater and the temperature didn't go any higher then 29 degree's without a thermostat. so saying that it gets hotter at night then it does in the day time.
So do you guys think i should leave the heat light on 24.7 during winter. since it gets 4 degree's hotter at night then the day time???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back