Heating for Coastal Carpet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptinate

Reaction score
I made my adult Coastal Carpet a new enclosure. It's 5.6ftL x 2.6ftW x 4ftH. I would like to know the best way to heat it. I've been using an Oz Black Ceramic for her.

What's the best fitting to use for a Coastal
Either a Ceramic Holder Reptapets Australia - Ceramic Holder Single with Lead and Spacer

A URS Lamp http://www.ultimatereptiles.com.au/...Mazing_zoom1.tpl&product_id=113&category_id=9

Or a Dome Reflector.

What's the best thing to heat it with. Clear basking lamp, Infrared, Ceramic, ect.
I'm thinking of using either
A) A clear basking lamp during day and nothing at night.
B) A clear basking lamp during day and a nocturnal lamp at night.
C) Sticking with a ceramic. Either during day and night, or just during day.

Also thinking of not using a thermo anymore, as the enclosure is quite big.

Lastly. Is it beneficial to use a UV lamp with pythons, like the Oz Bright? Am thinking of using it.

Sorry for all the questions, there's just so many different ways to heat it and I'm not sure which way to go.

Appreciate any help

for my southwest carpet i use:
Basking globe in dome for daytime heating
infra red heating globe in dome for night
using differnt watt globes for night/day to let it cool a lil a night, atm i am not night heating as wer in summer and its so warm.
UV is not necessary at all but will not do any harm either its a choice if u like the colour they emit as i do.

Thanks for the help :)
I was thinking of using a dome, but was worried she might wrap around it or burn herself. Has yours ever done that?

Anyone else got any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back