Heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moclobe

Reaction score
My Bredl's python has escaped and I need advice on how to get him back. An useful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Most distressed David

he is approx 4.5 ft.

I thought I might gets some dead rats and put them aroung the place to try and lure him out.

I have check all the hotspot I can think of but no luck.

The worst thing is the family and I are leaving tomorrow to go overseas and the mother-in-law is comming to house sit.

Thanks for the offer snakeman but I will not be home most of the day.

Regards David

the snake will probably stay close to the wall,look at curtain pelmets..video cabinets..to bad mate.hope the mother in law has got the number of someone that can come around if your not there
baz

Look up!

If you have not found him by tonight you may wish to spinkle some flour or talcom powder around door ways and the like so you can get a hint of his movements.

You may also wish to seal up vents. Most of our vents have a fine mesh (purchased from a dress making shop) under them. This lets the air through but effectively stops a snake dissapearing down them.

I once lost a small children's python for over 3 months. She had taken up residence inside the stereo ;-)

Tonight, turn all the lights off and leave off for about half an hour then turn back on and check, go around the house with a torch. Just keep repeating this and you may find him.

My Water Python of about the same size tricked me. She had managed to climb up and wedge herself between a cupboard and the wall, halfway up, if you looked under the cupboard or on the cupboard, she didn't appear to be there, however, when I pulled it off the wall, she fell down from her hide spot and gave me a filthy look.

They are masters at this, if you think they can't be there, take a look. One wedged herself inside an ornament, another found the tiniest hole and managed to get inside a lounge cushion. A friends tiny spotted python made it next door and emulated a chess piece.

Try putting a live rat in a cage your Bredli can't get into, under a cardboard box with a small hole for entrance, in a warm spot in each room. Create a wonderful attractive hide and hope for the best.

Good luck, if I could pop round to help search, I would.

FOUND FOUND FOUND

I FOUND HIM
I FOUND HIM
I FOUND HIM
I FOUND HIM
I FOUND HIM

It is such a relief. He was hiding under the laundry cupboard. I swear I searched there about 10 times before finding him. He was almost frozen solid so he is back in his enclosure with the heat turned up.

Thanks to all the people who offered assistance and advice, it was very much appreciated.

Regards David and thanks again.

RE: FOUND FOUND FOUND

Well done mate glad ya found him LUCKY FOR YA MOTHER IN LAW! lol

Well done!!

Turn that heat back down to normal though, turning it up can be too much of a shock to a cold snake. Better to let him warm up slowly. :)

Phew! *sigh* I bet your mother-in-law is relieved too! Really glad you found him :D

Congrats on finding him. I have never lost a snake so I couldn't begin to wonder how much of a panic you must have been in. Good Work :)

A couple of places we have found ours that may go for a wander:
-behind mirrors hanging on walls
-top bookshelf (near ceiling) squeezed in between books
-on coffee table in between magazines...
-in the teeniest of boxes that may be in a closet, even for a 3 yr old python...

This may be of help for anyone in the future that may 'loose' one...

I have also found escapees in my bathrooms and laundry which are the coldest rooms in the house.
Peoples theories that they will seek out a nice warm spot are just that....theories.

I disagree,

Everytime I have had a snake or monitor escape, I have found them in warm spots. Like: Under the computer, under or behind the fridge, under the dryer, under the washing machine, in my bed under the covers, under the tv, behind the tv, in the clothes basket, under clothers heaped on the floor, under my monitor enclosures and even wrapped around lights on the walls.

CHeers

I guess there arent too many cold places in your house in Darwin, hey Brodie?
My point was that you should check everywhere, they may not be in a nice warm spot at all but then again, they just may be too.

Good stuff, David. I lost mine too for a while, and searched EVERYWHERE (I thought). Found him behind the computer! :) It's a horrible feeling though, isn't it?? :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back