Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bulla_iia

Reaction score
Hey there I am the owner of a male yearling Darwin Carpet (Sid), bought for me just last December by my partner for my birthday. We were advised not to buy a Darwin due to their temperment. I do agree with them they can be tempermental, but Sid has not biten me yet and is handled everyday, even if it is to curl up on my arm while I watch telly. He is a great feeder, having just upgraded to weener rats, sometime I think even that is not enough. Anyway a little about me, I am from Texas (hence the ava of the western diamondback), I have lived in Australia for 8 years. I love reptiles, especially snakes, always wanted a ball python or Columbian Red Tail, but for different circumstances never gotten that opportunity, wish they were available here. Anyway Sid is still a good choice ball/red tail or not. Now I have played with my Darwin, I have been given a promis by my partner. If I give up the ciggies for 10 weeks she will buy me another snake, breed of my choice, now I am not going to break her by going all out and asking for a green tree, black headed or a woma, though I would love one of the three or all of them for that matter, so suggestions are open. Oh btw as I am typing it is been 1 week so far, so 9 more weeks to go. Was looking at the water pythons, olives, scrubs or diamonds. Lets here what ya have to say and help on the choice would be good.

olives are really nice and grow really big. I've heard that water pythons can be pretty tempermental. good luck with the rest of your 9 weeks hope you make it. If you do a ot of research then i'm sure you will come up with the best snake for you and once you get him/her showing off with some pics is always a crowd pleaser ;)

How's it going? Welcome to the site.
If you're not doing anything on the 30th of March, you should come along to the Vic Herp Society meeting. Get to meet some people and share stories about your critters. All are welcome. :D

hmmmmm.........i think you should get a big male coastal...............but thats me being selfish.
Good luck giving up the ciggs..................i keep trying but never seem to give up totally.

Yay for your one week!!
I haven't bought a pack for 4months now..although I had a cigg on Tuesday *blush*
But I don't have the promise of a gorgeous snake on the way!
So good luck!
(i'd go with either a bredli, olive or water python. :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back