Hello from Caffiend!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caffiend

Reaction score
Hi APS'ers!

My name is Catherine, I live in Adelaide SA - Long time lurker first time poster ;-) ...!

Scaley friends:
My partner has a 9 yr old maculosa and I have a juvie coastal - 21months and approx 140cm long.

Have been watching this community for a while (researching herp stuff :)) and you all are a great bunch of people! I'm chuffed to be a new member. :)

Boring me background stuff:
Am a horticulturalist by trade (currently not in that field), worked a bit in IT, studied programming among other things, currently learning the guitar (have an Epiphone LP Special II and a Washburn D12 6 string), would love to have more free range time with snakeys but having free range furry felines put paid to that... (whose dumb idea were those cats anyway? oh yeah... mine :-( )
Have a life long love and fascination with critters of all varieties.. yay!

have pics of my coastal soaking in his waterbowl when he discovered he would fit recently if anyone wants to see!?!

ok enough boredom from me thanks for reading!!! :) happy herping!

Welcome!!! and yes, piccys please, we all love piccys!!!

piccies

Thankyou so much for the warm welcome! :)

Apologies for low mpx digicam and shooting through glass and ... if you look closely you can see Bert's Family feud reflected in the glass ;) ouch!

This is Basil - he threw his rat in his bowl and caught it and dipped it several times before swallowing, then he came back down his branch and dipped himself... climbed up onto a shelf and back down in the water about five times, he also submerged his head several times which I didn't expect. At least now I know what's going on when his bowl is half empty in the mornings!!!

greats lookin snake and washburn guitars rule, i'm just starting to learn 2 but dont have my guitar yet

Warm welcome to you & your family Catherine. Your coastal is sooooo cute, he's a really nice looking snake. Do you have any pics of your maccie?Enjoy the site

Kyro :D

Thanks Kyro! and thanks from the Baz miester too :), I do have pics of the maccie but I'll have to do some cropping and shrinking... won't be long! :)
thanks again :)

Hi nick and thanks for the welcome!

Thanks for the feeback on Basil too, If you don't mind me asking, in what way do you think he's unusual? I didn't have any really ideas on patterning when I bought him, but he had brighter colours and was more inquisitive than the others on offer. Bearing in mind the dodgy digicam which can misrepresent colour n stuff... I'd love some feedback. I've been reading some of the remarks on here re patterning and I have a lot to learn!! :)

pic of maccie attached with flash spots on glass :(

Welcome and Enjoy Beautiful looking coastal & Maccie...... :lol:

Welcome to the site mate and by the way u have some gorgeous snake's mate that coastal look's amazing

Thanks MDPython!!! Thanks Scotchbo!!!

much appreciated!! :)

last pics...
baby basil and monty and friends... :)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!!

Nice looking snakes you have there. Our black cat likes to sit and watch our snakes as well

Thanks Mayo!
I'm not sure if they're more interested in the maccie or the weaner rats... :shock:
I don't think they'll be watching so closely when Basil gets bigger!

Thankyou everyone - It's really great to be made so welcome... and I promise to stop spamming with low quality images now too :)!

Your pics are far from low quality, their great, & you also got the size right which is even better :wink: Your maccie is also a great looking snake so the more pics the better :D

Thanks Kyro!! I really appreciate that :) :) :)

I'm guessing that you all have your brag books on here of your babies... how about linking me to the piccie threads so I can meet your families? :D

Thanks again... ps will get some better pics too - eventually! :)

All ways good to have more members, Our pythons are reasonably large but the cat still likes to watch. And yes when we are feeding the cat often feels hard done by when it doesn't get a rat to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back