Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erin_Jane

Reaction score
Hi :)

I'm a bit new to the whole reptile thing! (Have stuck to furry friends up to now!) My boyfriend's wonderful animals have made me keen for a reptile of my own, so I'm hoping to start with a bearded dragon some time in the next couple of months.

I'm still not to excited... ok... I'm terrified of animals without legs! hehe... My boyfriend (Bump73) is trying to convince me that a snake would be a wonderful addition to his collection, I'm just not sold on the whole idea at this stage... But at least I don't jump at the thought of holding his blueys anymore!! Which is lucky seeing as the lizard has been put in the bed to wake me up from time to time!!

So yeh, that's it for me at the moment, no reptiles, only 2 very cheeky but gorgeous bunnies.

Can't wait to have my very own dragon :p

Hello Stinky Chicken:lol:

Now that lizard in your avatar looks a lot like my bluey Buddah...

Stealing my lizards affection:(

I was terrified of reptiles for a while.

But now we have 3 Bearded Dragons and a Murray darling Python.

And I say we but they are all mine and hubby doesnt pick them up at all.

But be warned once you get one....... you will want more ... they all have such great personalities.

Mrs I

xxx

I think I'll start with the four-legged type and eventually stop being such a wuss (but shhhh... don't tell my boy... he'll bring home a snake tomorrow!! hehe..)

And boyo... you know Buddah loves me... I am warm and I like to sleep all day... what's not to like?? You're just jealous!! hehe... Though I've noticed God doesn't seem at all keen anymore :( what's the go with that???

bunnies are cute but pythons are better haver fun chooseing cheers debbie

get a python, when your board of the bunnies they become a great food source, welcome and good luck :)

Beardies just perfect for 1st,Saz advertised interest for hatchlings on this site and if you dont mind not knowing what it is (gender)you couldnt got wrong-Oscar & Brat are WOW!!!! and you wont be dissapointed!

Hi Erin_Jane, We had a baby childreni first because I was too afraid. Now we have a huge Coastal with the best temperment. We visited some friends with snakes a few times before we purchased either of them. I think that you should try holding a few before you buy and see if you like them. Dragons are not my thing as they are hard to cuddle and they are too fast. Talk it over with everyone you know before you commit. Babies are more fragile and you can't make any mistakes. an adult if you can handle it is always better I found.

hehe... I was wondering how long it would take for someon to comment on the use of my bunnies as snake food!! Not an option at all! They're too cute...

I'm scared of things without legs... so I'll start with a beardie and we'll see how I go I think... I love my boy's lizards. Tool me a while to get used to the whole idea of holding a scaly animal so it's a bit of a stretch for me to consider a snake at this stage but you never know :)

Thanks for all the welcomes!!

Hmmm... after having been on here for only a week, and being previously so terrified of snakes, I think I have been bitten by the snake bug!! The pics people have on here are fantastic!! They look like so much fun... Hmmmm.... think I need to hold one!!

stop being a sook , get a snake :D:D , you wont regret it ....:D

But be warned one is never enough .

Welcome and you can always come around my house and hold my little 8 month old maccie if you like and i sincerely mean it to :D She is tiny noone would be scared of her!

I'm such a wuss... I'd probably freak out!! hehe...

Hmmm... we'll see! Thanks for the offer!! They just look so cool... They don't make me shiver when I look at them anymore, that's gotta be a good start!!

Find a petshop which stocks some pyhtons and just go and have a look at them through the glass / plastic. Then when you get the courage touch one, then hold one.

My girlfriend was absolutely petrified of them. To the point she would cry and almost vomit being around them (she came from NZ, no snakes over there). After touching one, then eventually holding one she couldnt help herself but wanting to hold them more. We ended up with 8 in the first 2 months or something, she's now also addicted. It was just the mindset of snakes she had to get around.

Woah!! That's a huge change from being terrified!!!

Good idea though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back