Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh it is, though as you grow up - most people have drilled into their heads "be careful of snakes they are dangerous, dont go near them, dont do this, dont do that" and when you actually are presented with a situation with snakes - the old instinct which you have grown up with kicks in. Though with common sense and a little bit of knowledge you shouldnt have any problems with pythons.

I was scared of being bitten when I got my first snake, though to get over it I just let it bite me and realised how silly I was being.

Just do it gradually at your own pace. The biggest thing with my girlfriend was if she doesnt want to see the snakes that noone makes her see them. Then as she grew more confident she would come closer and look, then eventually worked up the courage to touch one.

I had been previously and very sternly banned from snakes until January this year, when she finally gave in. Though she is still very stern about getting a spider.... I settled for scorpian :)

you wont regret gettin a little python
and you may wana join the herp society
seeing that you are in sydney

Thanks for the suggestions Snake Pimp & Ejames.

I was speaking to my boyfriend last night and he told me that pet shops can't sell snakes down here, which I didn't realise. I think it will take me a little bit of time but I'm becoming more and more curious by the minute!!!

My boyfriend had been teasing me about him getting a bredli because he knows I'm scared... but now I'm not so totally against the idea!!

My boyfriend had been teasing me about him getting a bredli because he knows I'm scared... but now I'm not so totally against the idea!!

as you will see in my avatar, my bredli is so friendly he is smiling. couldnt say no to a snake face like that could you? :)

Just take your time and go at your own pace. The rest will come naturally. PS. very addictive.

as you will see in my avatar, my bredli is so friendly he is smiling. couldnt say no to a snake face like that could you? :)

Just take your time and go at your own pace. The rest will come naturally. PS. very addictive.

He is rather smiley isn't he?! :)

I can't believe how much I've changed my mind on reptiles in the last year!! I would never even have held a bluey this time last year!!

Its funny but some of the most scared people can turn into the most snake loving . You just think their scary, but soon you will learn that they not.
Just do your research on how to keep them, though I find them easier than dragons.
My 13 yr old daughter has been bitten by her spotted python but it doesn't hurt, and now she doesn't bite any more. As she has become used to being handled.
good luck

So I should be begging my boyfriend for a snake instead of a dragon?! hehe...

I'm most scared of being bitten. Though my rabbit has bitten me once and surely that's got to g\hurt more than a snake!!

So excited... sending off my application for my reptile licence today!!! :D

I recommend the stimsons python. My girl is just fantastic. Great temperment and easy to handle. They dont grow overly big , so its a perfect size for a begginer i think.
Once i started with one , i didnt stop.

I'm still keen to start with a bearded dragon. I'm not quite ready for a snake yet, I have to hold one first... but it will happen.

I'm so excited :)

hi erin well i hope your boyfriend buys you a dragon. but like they say as soon as you get one thats it.
you will wont more and more. welcome to the site

Welcome Erin

Surely there is someone down in the Sydney area that would like you and your boyfriend to come over and see their collection....

Even if it is just one or two friendly snakes....

If you were up here in Brissy I wouldnt mind....

Once you hold, play with and get to know that not all snakes bite in an instance, you will learn to love them like you do your Bunnies.....

Let your boyfriend get a snake....... You'll come around to the idea of getting one for yourself.....

Cheers.. Rick..

I've been turned off the idea of snakes for the time being after having nightmares about snakes every night for a week!!

I'm still hanging out for a beardie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back