Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LMFAO that's the most hilarious hissy fit I've heard on here in a while :lol:

14 ft Oenpelli my butt! In fact, Oenpelli my butt! :lol:

You know what I hate? Having to scroll 15 feet across my screen to read every single bloody post :roll:

OuZo said:
LMFAO that's the most hilarious hissy fit I've heard on here in a while :lol:

14 ft Oenpelli my butt! In fact, Oenpelli my butt! :lol:

You know what I hate? Having to scroll 15 feet across my screen to read every single bloody post :roll:

YEAH to all you long
typers whats wrong
with your enter key
to make your lines
shorter :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know what I hate? Having to scroll 15 feet across my screen to read every single bloody post :roll:[/quote]

LOL, i hate that too..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

shamous1 said:
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. No need to shout. I don't think that there is one person who has not tried to assist you in one way or another. You did post the big pics not us. People are not having a go but trying to help you for next time. With an attitude like that you'd be lucky to get any assistance whatsoever next time. JMO

um.... a bit of chicken or egg story.... it can be rather humilating for newbies to forum ettiquette to be made fun of. Also, forums are an international thing, not everyone understands the "ribbing" that Australians find so necessary. Its not a question of Bob's attitude, but rather those presented to him.

Now lets all kiss and make-up :D

Oh and bob, I dont know whether you have a 14 foot whatever or whether you said it in anger (I really dont blame you, I am a newbie here too and I find some of the attitudes presented here a bit.... well righteous). But there are all sorts of people on forums, some nice, some holier than thou, some down right nasty, best to ignore them when you are angry because its a case of the victum becoming the bad guy. Not fair, but all forums are like this. By reacting strongly, people rarely look at the cause, all they notice is your reaction.

I thought the post in question (boa's post which I assumed was the one he was responding to) was pretty nicely put actually lol

Look I'm not trying to be nasty here but why post a huge out of focus photo that can barely be recognised as a snake ?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you have to go out and spend a grand on a camera but surely anyone can see when a photo is seriously out of focus ?
It is far better just to take another photo, oh and resize it. ;)

really? To a non Australian it comes across as arrogant, and self-righteous. "surely anyone can see......." oh pleaaaase!

and not to mentiona all the before and after ribbing..... some of that is downright nasty.... IMO its far worse to make yourself a hero by putting someone down, than bob's response.

sorry im with ouzo,
KEY WORDS...... not tryng tobe nasty..... im not saying you have to spend a grand on a camera... and :wink:

whats affencive with that?

I have to agree with Ouzo, Deano and Shamous. A Massive out of focus shot is pretty sad.

I haven't had to scroll across my screen that far since the last Krisy Kream "swimsuit" calendar appeared..................................................but at least they were in focus. *shudder*

Oh, and i want to see a pic of that 14 ft Oenpelli...but do you think you can put it in focus? LOL

snakes4me2 said:
sorry im with ouzo,
KEY WORDS...... not tryng tobe nasty..... im not saying you have to spend a grand on a camera... and :wink:

whats affencive with that?

Any sentence prefaced with "I'm not trying to be nasty BUT" you know will be just that... a permission slip to be nasty.... so the writer thinks... However that permission must go two ways before its accepted. Like between friends.

To a stranger on a forum? Let me give you an example.
I don't mean to be nasty, but surely any complete idiot has the right to be as offensive as they please, as long as a suitable emoticon follows. :wink: Why then we can entertain ourselves for hours on our own cleverness as we bagg someone out.... now I am not being rude here, so that we look like the heros we are.. :lol: Gee I can't understand why you are now so abusive? Honestly you have such a bad attitude..... (THERE IS NO EMOTICON FOR PARODY)

Oof said:
I have to agree with Ouzo, Deano and Shamous. A Massive out of focus shot is pretty sad.

I haven't had to scroll across my screen that far since the last Krisy Kream "swimsuit" calendar appeared..................................................but at least they were in focus. *shudder*

Oh, and i want to see a pic of that 14 ft Oenpelli...but do you think you can put it in focus? LOL

I rest my now prima facie case. Idiot.

How funny is this thread!

Guess you meanies scared him off.. lol

Seriously Bob, its just an internet forum, words can be taken the wrong way, mis-interpreted, out of context all that stuff..

Don't take anything to heart mate, every member I have met on here has been a nice lady or bloke, Im sure ya will have a beer with us one day and all will be forgotten!

I think it's all in the way you read it. With text what more can you do but prepare someone by saying "I'm not trying to be nasty"? How many times does someone have to say "Please don't take offence to this because I mean it in the nicest way possible but do you think maybe it's just a possibility that your glorious photo may be a little bit too big and ever so slightly out of focus? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't be offended by that because I seriously love your photo and I'd buy your snake if you wanted to sell it but I just thought maybe you would like to know. and once again, PLEASE don't be offended cos I would DIE if I offended you."

There comes a point when we have to stop being so precious over the internet and take constructive criticism as that - constructive. I've been guilty of it myself in the past but 9 out of 10 times it's not meant as the personal attack you think. Perhaps I'm missing something in boa's post which was only understandable by a non Aussie :?

Awww Kali7, did i hit a nerve?

"Now, im not trying to be nasty BUT............. it's humour"

Teeheehee and hahaha and all that.

Well bob, you sure got them going, probably the noisiest welcome anyone has ever recieved, :)

Kali7 said:
Any sentence prefaced with "I'm not trying to be nasty BUT" you know will be just that... a permission slip to be nasty.... so the writer thinks... However that permission must go two ways before its accepted. Like between friends.

To a stranger on a forum? Let me give you an example.
I don't mean to be nasty, but surely any complete idiot has the right to be as offensive as they please, as long as a suitable emoticon follows. :wink: Why then we can entertain ourselves for hours on our own cleverness as we bagg someone out.... now I am not being rude here, so that we look like the heros we are.. :lol: Gee I can't understand why you are now so abusive? Honestly you have such a bad attitude..... (THERE IS NO EMOTICON FOR PARODY)

I asume your comment about being abusive and bad attitude arn't directed at me (even though i was quoted) as have said nothing bad towards himthat i know of. Corect me if im wrong please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back