Hi Everyone....Newbie here :0)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KellieF

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all....i found this site last night as i was searching around the net for info on snakes so i thought i would join as we are getting our first snake in a week or two and want to gather as much knowledge as we can.
We are getting a Vic Carpet Python from Pails for scales, just waiting for the licence to come through so we can pick him up of layby.
Have gone through alot of the posts on here and learnt stuff already, and the guys at pails have been fantastic with all the help they have given us. By the time he comes home we should be right. Have enclosure all organised and ready to go...just waiting on the DSE.

Kellie :lol:

thats great to hear but when you get 1 snake you will not stop i just got another 1 myself a scrubby hatchy .so you will have fun with it then and good luck

Hi Kellie,
We got our first from Pails last year also an inland carpet. He's been a perfect snake for us beginners so i'm sure yours will be too. We just got a little jungle girl for our second who is somewhat more of a challenge
Good luck.

Hi and welcome ... as a relative "newbie" myself you will find plenty of advice on here, quite a bit of debate as well on "whats best" but just work your way through and decide what you think is right or not, but as I said plenty of good advice so enjoy and as others have said you can't stop at one, I got a Bredli male yearling 2 months ago and have spent the last month trying to find a female friend for him :)

Thanks for the warm welcome.....just wanted to also add that we are gonna have alot less visitors from now on....quite a few friends have said they are never going to come around to visit anymore even if it is locked in it enclosure....lol....their loss...

Hi and welcome to Aps :)

just wanted to also add that we are gonna have alot less visitors from now on....quite a few friends have said they are never going to come around to visit anymore even if it is locked in it enclosure....lol....their loss...

Meh.....if they don't like snakes how good a friend can they be? :lol:

They will have to get over it, especially when you get more....;)

Hey Kellie...And Welcome..

Dont worry about what your visitors "say"... I have numerous people that havent liked snakes, and said they wouldnt be round... Few months down the track, from when they said it, they have forgotten... They come round, I get a cute lil snake out, and most have changed their way.....

Welcome..i had people like that to..but curiosity always wins out.

Thanks for the warm welcome.....just wanted to also add that we are gonna have alot less visitors from now on....quite a few friends have said they are never going to come around to visit anymore even if it is locked in it enclosure....lol....their loss...

That will soon change.
As soon as it's home It will be "what days do you feed him? can we come watch?"
Non keepers are wayyyyy mesmerised by watching a snake eat, they love it (even us keepers do)

That will soon change.
Non keepers are wayyyyy mesmerised by watching a snake eat, they love it (even us keepers do)

Welcome to aps!
I personally have never gotten over watching snakes feed. Although there are some days when I just plain ol cant be bothered, so I just chuck em in and watch a movie then come back to check they're gone.
my guests sometimes flat out refuse to go near my snake room but when i tell them my snake literally goes fishing they always have to watch her feed. then i pull out my cute little python and they are sold.

That will soon change.

SO true! My son could sell tickets for feeding days at our place ;)

Hi Kellie,
welcome ... we are about 3 weeks ahead of you (LOL). The DSE in Vic is a bit behind at the moment, so it will be about 4 weeks duration to get your licence. We put in for ours on March 11, and are getting very close to the front of the queue now - so we are expecting about a 5 week delay from the original payment being cashed, until the documents arrive.
Unfortunately, the process has been delayed a fraction at the moment due to the duck shooting season starting (and lots of licences being processed for them) ... so they can't keep to the three week duration at the moment --->>>> which is most frustrating for us and you !!
But I am sure once your licence arrives, and you get your baby, you will quickly forget the delay !

At least it gives you lots of time to set up your click-clack and get the temperatures sorted out etc

Welcome (from a fellow new starter)

Wes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back