Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmazingMorelia

Not so new Member
Reaction score
There was a post awhile ago about getting non Jags to the same level yellow etc as Jags and if it can be done.
I was at a mates house tonight and took some pics of one of his non Jag animals that is as striking as any Jag I have seen. They are crossbred, but not to any Jags. They are working on a line that is Jag looks quality without the Neuro.
I took some pics with my cell phone through the glass of its cage and I couldnt get half its colour.
Amazing looking animals. There is three females from the same clutch, all the same quality.
So sorry for the quality of the pics but these animals are lookers.
I would be interested in seeing what ways other people have gone in trying to get some of the Jag qualities but not through the co-dom gene.

Attachments

• 20130211_215406.jpg
    20130211_215406.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 471
  • high2.jpg
    high2.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 346
Jags are crossbred so you saying its crossbred but not a jag doesnt make sense :S Unless you mean its jungle x jungle different lines for colour and pattern.

And by the way stunning snake! Would love to know who bred it.

I think he is talking about jungle cross bredli/diamond/coastal but not carrying the JAG gene

Jags are crossbred so you saying its crossbred but not a jag doesnt make sense :S Unless you mean its jungle x jungle different lines for colour and pattern.

And by the way stunning snake! Would love to know who bred it.

The term "Jag" does not mean crossbred, it means it carrys the Jag gene. The Jag gene enhances colour, reduces pattern and can cause neuro disorders. The gene is inherited Co-dominantly.
While most (perhaps even all) Jags are Carpet crosses it does not mean all crosses carry the Jag gene.

What a stunning python , it does look like a RP jungle carpet python thats if its not a jag etc .
It does not looked crossed up either, looks like SXR line RP jungle IMO.
Hopefully Amazing Morelia can supply more info on this one ...
cheers
Roger

nice snake love the amount of yellow
ive been wondering why they call it RP( reduced pattern) , in a normal wildtype jungle i would call the yellow bands the pattern whilst the black is the background

on these RP animals like the one pictured its these yellow bands that has been increased and the black background has been reduced , yet its called reduced pattern

i hope its all making sense here and doesn't come across as crazy man ramblings :) i guess i might be the only one that sees the pattern in that light , i mean jungles are a great example , what do you call the pattern and the background ? than think about rp animals and what has actually been reduced is it the pattern or the background thats been reduced , if its the pattern thast been reduced on the one abouve than that means everyone else looks as the black " background area" as the pattern which is kinda odd imo
any input would be appreciated

The three females are been kept by Joel Faustino and he has some breedings in mind to move them forward. My understanding is that these animals are 75/25 jungle/darwin mix as can be seen from the banding colour.
I'm tempted to grab one myself even though I don't keep crosses.

nice snake love the amount of yellow
ive been wondering why they call it RP( reduced pattern) , in a normal wildtype jungle i would call the yellow bands the pattern whilst the black is the background

on these RP animals like the one pictured its these yellow bands that has been increased and the black background has been reduced , yet its called reduced pattern

i hope its all making sense here and doesn't come across as crazy man ramblings :) i guess i might be the only one that sees the pattern in that light , i mean jungles are a great example , what do you call the pattern and the background ? than think about rp animals and what has actually been reduced is it the pattern or the background thats been reduced , if its the pattern thast been reduced on the one abouve than that means everyone else looks as the black " background area" as the pattern which is kinda odd imo
any input would be appreciated

As far as i know the darker pigment is always refered to as the pattern by most other knowledgable breeders here and overseas. IE jags are a reduced pattern morph because they in fact have reduced dark pigmented patterns , ie showing more colour.

The three females are been kept by Joel Faustino and he has some breedings in mind to move them forward. My understanding is that these animals are 75/25 jungle/darwin mix as can be seen from the banding colour.
I'm tempted to grab one myself even though I don't keep crosses.

Well Joel has curtainly put together a stunning 75/25 jungle/darwin line. Congrats ...
Any chance we can pic of this one as a neonate hatchie..?.

As far as i know the darker pigment is always refered to as the pattern by most other knowledgable breeders here and overseas. IE jags are a reduced pattern morph because they in fact have reduced dark pigmented patterns , ie showing more colour.
hmm thats kinda what i thought was going on , guess im the odd one out that looks at the pattern in that way

go to diamonds though , what do you call the pattern on a diamond ( as in which part is background colour and which is pattern) with them most people will say the white rosettes are the pattern , when you think about it those rosettes are basically the same sort of section( just evolved into a different look ) as the whitish yellow colour on their close "brother" coastals , but by the rule you've just mentioned ( ie most people view the black as the pattern) than it would be the brown on coastals that is the pattern , as i said i think i must just be the odd one out

again i hope this doesn't come across as crazy man ramblings

hmm thats kinda what i thought was going on , guess im the odd one out that looks at the pattern in that way

go to diamonds though , what do you call the pattern on a diamond ( as in which part is background colour and which is pattern) with them most people will say the white rosettes are the pattern , when you think about it those rosettes are basically the same sort of section( just evolved into a different look ) as the whitish yellow colour on their close "brother" coastals , but by the rule you've just mentioned ( ie most people view the black as the pattern) than it would be the brown on coastals that is the pattern , as i said i think i must just be the odd one out

When a white man looks at a Zebra he sees a white horse with black stripes, when a black man sees a Zebra he sees a black horse with white stripes.
Too deep maybe? lol

Ok heres a google link to patternless pythons, always the darker pigment "black and browns" are refered to as the pattern with the colour being the base. IE a patternless morph has almost no black creating a solid coloured python in varying colours etc.
patternless ball pythons - Google Search

Diamonds, you could say have increased pattern with nice colour rossettes .

The easiest way to get the facts on the subject is to spend money and buy a book on genetics & python morphs.

Last edited:
cheers guys , ive been wondering about that for a while , case closed im the odd one out :) although i still find it kinda odd/surprising for some reason that the herp society looks at the black colour on a jungle as the pattern whilst the yellow is the background but hey if thats the way it is then ill happily be the odd one out :)

Your not the only one , there are a few out there etc .

But each to there own i guess.... we all have a different view on things.. im just stating what is the norm for most people..

Your not the only one , there are a few out there etc .

But each to there own i guess.... we all have a different view on things.. im just stating what is the norm for most people..
yea i think the reason i look at them that way is because to me , the pattern or markings are supposed to be the part that stands out the most , on a jungle to me (others may agree) the yellow is the stand out over the black , guess thats why i look at the black as the background colour and the yellow as the pattern

but then , if i use that same rule and turn the bredlis , id be contradicting myself as its the reddy orange that is the stand out on them but id still call the squiggly white creamy markings they have as the pattern whilst the reds the background

as you said , each to their own but it does appear im part of the minority

You're not alone there Thomasssss. I always thought of them the same way especially Bredli, One of my little Bredli is semi striped which I always figured was a pattern that I wished to try and improve on over the years but if that isn't it's pattern I might aswell give it away lmao. On a serious note though after reading the other description it sort explains why there are such things as High Yellow Jungles rather than a Black Jungle with lots of yellow pattern type stuff

You're not alone there Thomasssss. I always thought of them the same way especially Bredli, One of my little Bredli is semi striped which I always figured was a pattern that I wished to try and improve on over the years but if that isn't it's pattern I might aswell give it away lmao. On a serious note though after reading the other description it sort explains why there are such things as High Yellow Jungles rather than a Black Jungle with lots of yellow pattern type stuff
yea i realise im not completely alone , ive got mates who think the same way , but it appears that when it comes to the hobby on a whole we are the odd ones , you have touched on a good thing there though with the lines

also patternless childreni , its the base brown colour thats left , and the spots are reduced to nill , imo and my way of thinking the spots are essentially the same part of the pattern/snake as the yellow bands on a jungle , on childreni its the spots recognised as the pattern but on jungles it is the black thats considered the pattern

sorry op ive taken your thread way off track here :oops: :) its just something ive always been curious about when it came to RP animals and i dont have pics of RP,s to show and compare if i was to make a thread of my own , ill leave it now and let you guys get back on track :) cheers to those who did answer ive asked it a few times now and never had a reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back