Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rob8290

Hi everyone! I was just wondering how many snakes and other reptiles I can keep with a recreational wildlife license in Queensland? Cheers!!

i dont think there are restrictions to numbers unless its a restricted species. So really its just as many as you can afford and have the time to look after =]

Thanks! Now I don't have to worry about having to pick only certain snakes to have in my collection. As it is so hard to choose!

it really is =] i started with one and bought another within 6 months. Now i have 10 =S

Just remember they do live for a long time and in the long run they can be quite expensive!

Oh I dont plan to get heaps anytime soon just wanted to know for the future. Maybe I'll get a jungle carpet in about a years time but I only just got my first snake. A coastal carpet named Lilly. She already has me wrapped around her figurative little finger!

haha your already addicted!

theyre arent many restricted species, i think its only womas and roughies...

I don't plan to get those species but I am curiouse, why are those restricted?

I know it's 10 of each species in Vic, I remember that I read over the licence conditions too quickly, and for ages I thought it was 10 overall. Then I reread them, and was so excited I could get more!

QLD Guidelines

Hi everyone! I was just wondering how many snakes and other reptiles I can keep with a recreational wildlife license in Queensland? Cheers!!

Hey here is a copy of the guidelines for you. It lists every single species you are allowed to own with a recreational licence in QLD along with what is required for the restricted. Happy reading :) (The last 4 or 5 pages is where all the animals are listed):)

Attachments

• guidelinesp01389aa.pdf
    192.2 KB · Views: 83
Alright. Thanks everyone! Should make for some interesting reading.

Only emus have a limit of 10

Correct.
Once I have the space I'm getting a few Emu's.
Best. Guards. Ever.

I've told this to my mates and they think I'm joking, but no one in hell is gonna step foot on your property with an emu or two roaming about!

Correct.
Once I have the space I'm getting a few Emu's.
Best. Guards. Ever.

I've told this to my mates and they think I'm joking, but no one in hell is gonna step foot on your property with an emu or two roaming about!
my primary school teacher kept and bred emus , awesome creatures , he bought two of the young ones into school for a while and had them penned out around the class room , now that i think of it im not to sure how he did it all legally both with his licence and the education department but we where only a small school of around 40 kids at the time so things went smoothly

forgive me if im wrong but i didn't think emus where very defensive or good guards so to say , the wild population surrounding Maclean definitely isnt , they run at the first sight of a human and the captives ive met are much the same , or puppy dog friendly in some cases :)

Last edited:
my primary school teacher kept and bred emus , awesome creatures , he bought two of the young ones into school for a while and had them penned out around the class room , now that i think of it im not to sure how he did it all legally both with his licence and the education department but we where only a small school of around 40 kids at the time so things went smoothly

forgive me if im wrong but i didn't think emus where very defensive or good guards so to say , the wild population surrounding Maclean definitely isnt , they run at the first sight of a human and the captives ive met are much the same , or puppy dog friendly in some cases :)

They are, but most folk don't know this, especially the kind of genius that makes up your common house thief.
Would you think most people would jump into a property with a 7+ft tall bird with 6 inch claws? I wouldn't think so hahaha :p

I don't think they may make good guard pets, I think it's more of a deterant.... Like thieves will look for an open house or unlocked car, if they see a yard with a gigantic bird they are more than likely to just avoid it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back