Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tommo, you say the only thing I can see myself likely keeping would be albinos. What do you think that Boa is?????? I will give you a clue "ALBINO" Thats just what an albino boa looks like!

I'd own it :)
Although... maybe you have a point; I'm breeding some really really ugly coastals this year. Any one want any?

bigguy said:
Tommo, you say the only thing I can see myself likely keeping would be albinos. What do you think that Boa is?????? I will give you a clue "ALBINO" Thats just what an albino boa looks like!

lol, sorry, most albinos ive seen are white or yellow/white, never seen a pink albino before

i change it to " the only genetic odd ball i would get would be a albino that doesnt cost a small fortune AND whos body doesnt resemble a candycane"

Wasn't the famous "Splif", the albino olive python found in the wild?
They do occur in the wild, just very very very rarely

nez

I don't like that snake at all. I also have no problem with people trying to get mixed or unusual colours etc. I breed birds and I am always trying to get different colour birds. How boring would breeding budgies be if they were all green. Or even Indian Ringnecks for that matter.

just wandering if anyone has any pics or articles on the albino maccy or browns do you have anything on that albino red belly??

Here's the pic of the albino rbbs...there is a thread on it somewhere about it.This one's pink and i like it a lot!!!Albinos also show reds and purples.I know of an albino adder like a candy cane but not a pink one.A friend of mine has an albino bts that got hit and killed by a car right in front of him so now it's in a jar...it's almost see through.I know of an albino blue tongue and there's the albino beardies...there's lots of albino animals in our game that are sure to change things hugely in the next ten years or so.

I am wondering who will have already thought what an albino Darwin crossed with a hypo bredli would look like ...would it still show red from the bredli and yellow from the darwin as well as white from both?

Bump....Just wondering how your going with those albino beardies Splitmore?How are they looking and have you bred from them yet?

Hi Browns,
Sorry missed the earlier post.
All the albinos unfortunately died. They were never strong from the start and were very reluctant feeders. All up between me and another keeper we had about 10 babies to try and raise but the most we got out of them was about 4 months. In that time they were mostly being assist fed and while they did grow they never really took off. I consulted with a few US herpers about them and they never really gave them much of a chance either. All previous albinos that have hatched have died within a short while despite being given the best of care. Obviously there is something defecient in albino beardies that isn't a problem with most other albino reptiles. More than likely something to do with UV absorbtion.
Was well worth a crack to try and establish them but unfortunately didn't work for me. There is a good chance more will appear over the next few years and maybe someone will do better than what myself and other keepers have managed so far.
Regards,
Splitmore

What a shame Splitmore,i also was told another guys albino beardies died.
More than likely something to do with UV absorbtion
Yep that would seem to be the most likely thing to affect them being sensitive to UV i guess...As you said there should be more from where they came from and hopefully someone can workout how to suuccessfully raise and breed them to get a captive colony going.Aparently there are leucistic beardies around and as well as the other colour phases it would be very interesting to see what colours and patterns may be produced in the future.I love albinos!!!!

know of an albino blue tongue

ive seen pics of albino bluetongues, ugly little things. the nicest bluetongue ive ever seen is at the territory wildlife park, great colours(might be a genetic thing like hets or something, i couldnt care less what the difference is between a het, double het, piedball or what ever else there is around)

I think in time you will start to see a few more mutations start to appear in Australian snakes. There is so many more being bred now than 10 yrs ago so it stands to reason more mutations will surface. I know some are totally against it but mutations are naturally occouring anyway so I can't see a problem at all.

Splitmore,

You may find there's a lethal gene associated with the albino mutation, and if that's the case then you'll never get them to survive. Good luck anyway.

:p

Hix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back