Humans 'will be implanted with microchips'

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so if i follow someone around with a camera and film there every move im not considered a stalker.. great...
it wouldnt bother me being microchipped as i have nothing to hide haha.....yet
Your right there stalkers i just said i never thought of them as stulkers befor:)

I think it would be very effective... sure there would have to be lots of trials... however in this day and age it's quite easy to create tamper proof technology (sorry to those who are fantasising about fake identities by swapping their chips). Plus in terms of missing persons, the chips will probably be hooked up via satellite and scan for a heartbeat, and whenever the heart stops (i.e. in the event of murder) it will sent a direct alert to the appropriate persons... Which will create more jobs for the cops who are hired to rush to the scene when this alert is triggered... Like I said, there will have to be loads of trialling so we don't have alarm bells going off left, right, and centre...

They are CHIPS, not tracking devices!

It's not much unlike the Medi-alert bracelets worn now by thousands upon thousands of people in Aust, milliona all over the world wear similar, for fear of not being able to speak up for themselves, their medical information is there for hospitals to access for those peoples benefits, perhaps saving many lives where they may not have been saved through ignorance of medical staff of underlying ailments and conditions which would have otherwise not been known.

Naw, bring it on,. I have nothing to hide, and we can only benefit from this technology. If my alzheimers-stricken father in law had had one, we would have been so much less worried about him becoming lost, because a chip, implanted, would have yielded the information required to bring him home. That's only ONE fo millions of applications it could be used. ............And there are those who would object????

Last edited:
I wonder where they would put them ?... not on the shoulder i hope, actually i know some folks that already have one there
BAHAHAHA

sorry is it considered low brow to laugh at your own joke?

A tracking device is a CHIP. My motherboard in my computer is a CHIP. In my phone there are CHIPS.... Anything involving electrical circuits are CHIPS... And I am saying that they will develop the technology, ie. CHIPS, that are connected via satellite to a central system that monitors heart flow or something very similar.
For god's sake they are already developing the technology to read minds, and have developed a CHIP that is inserted into the brain that can be used wirelessly to control a computer mouse. The technology is there guys, it's just a matter of legalising the use of it and bypassing privacy laws.
Hmm now I feel like CHIPS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Seumas, you're obviously one who is afraid of technology you feel you have something to hide from.

If the chip was able to identify illnesses like cancer when there just starting then id be all for them:D

Seumas, you're obviously one who is afraid of technology you feel you have something to hide from.

LOL afraid?? I am all for this technology and support it 100%. Do you know the manpower police waste in missing persons and murders... If there was a way to detect when a life is lost and respond to that within minutes the world would become a safer place. People would become afraid to commit murder. I don't hide from technology, I embrace it.

It's not much unlike the Medi-alert bracelets worn now by thousands upon thousands of people in Aust, milliona all over the world wear similar, for fear of not being able to speak up for themselves, their medical information is there for hospitals to access for those peoples benefits, perhaps saving many lives where they may not have been saved through ignorance of medical staff of underlying ailments and conditions which would have otherwise not been known.

Naw, bring it on,. I have nothing to hide, and we can only benefit from this technology. If my alzheimers-stricken father in law had had one, we would have been so much less worried about him becoming lost, because a chip, implanted, would have yielded the information required to bring him home. That's only ONE fo millions of applications it could be used. ............And there are those who would object????

Did you change this post?? Coz I swear that when I first read it, it only had the "They are CHIPS not tracking devices"

A tracking device is a CHIP. My motherboard in my computer is a CHIP. In my phone there are CHIPS.... Anything involving electrical circuits are CHIPS... And I am saying that they will develop the technology, ie. CHIPS, that are connected via satellite to a central system that monitors heart flow or something very similar.
For god's sake they are already developing the technology to read minds, and have developed a CHIP that is inserted into the brain that can be used wirelessly to control a computer mouse. The technology is there guys, it's just a matter of legalising the use of it and bypassing privacy laws.
Hmm now I feel like CHIPS!

Dude, I hope you brought enough weed for everybody?.... I can't see how any government in a democratic society could force this upon citizens at any rate, they get slammed every time they try to introduce a national identity card.....

Last edited by a moderator:
But a chip in every australian would be the first step towards comunisem how wants to give the guvernment that much power anyway?

LOL sorry all out... I agree with you... There is no way they are going to legalise is, like I pointed out.... That is the only challenge... We HAVE the technology to create implants that could track everyone in Australia, or at least major cities... But no-one can be bothered coz they know that the minority is going to object to it and bring up the whole "PRIVACY IS OUR RIGHT" crap like you're describing with the identity cards... it's a shame because people often think of themselves and completely oversee the benefits...

But a chip in every australian would be the first step towards comunisem how wants to give the guvernment that much power anyway?

Well that's where the controversy would start... Who gets the power to monitor it... Who controls it...? Police, government, ASIO? Under what circumstances could it be accessed by the public? Could it be used as evidence in court to show where a person was at a certain time? In most part it would make the world a safer place.... But for those who want to commit crimes, deal drugs, murders etc... they are obviously going to object to this technology...

UMMMMMMM..................... it's in abundance in Europe, there are half a million people who already have them. And as for where they would be placed, they are at present, placed in the space between the thumb and index finger. Any new technology like this is strongly feared, if people had had their way when cars were being developed, cars as we know them now wouldn't be in existence.............. the law then was also to keep to a speed of 4 mph because there was a real fear that to go any faster would rip the body apart, it wouldn't be able to stand it................etc etc etc, I could wax lyrical about millions of new technology that nearly didn't make it because of general public fear and objections.

CCTV was something people said was "big brother" stuff, and a step into communism................ where is it??? Anyone been aware of us becoming a communist state yet, yet how long have we had cctv's????

UMMMMMMM..................... it's in abundance in Europe, there are half a million people who already have them. And as for where they would be placed, they are at present, placed in the space between the thumb and index finger. Any new technology like this is strongly feared, if people had had their way when cars were being developed, cars as we know them now wouldn't be in existence.............. the law then was also to keep to a speed of 4 mph because there was a real fear that to go any faster would rip the body apart, it wouldn't be able to stand it................etc etc etc, I could wax lyrical about millions of new technology that nearly didn't make it because of general public fear and objections.

I don't understand your point... You just contradicted yourself... First I say that we already have the technology.... and that it will be hard to create the system because people will object to it.... And you say "they are chips not tracking devices" and "i doubt these farfetched ideas are ever going to happen"....
Now you've posted that it's already in place in Europe with half a million people using them.... You're jumping back and forth with what you believe and what is fact....
Let's settle for this....
1: The technology is already here
2: You will never be able to force people to have them unless in a communist government (which Australia is clearly not).
3: There are vast benefits for such a technology, like I said about preventing murders, and like you said about preventing death and missing persons...
4: The only way this technology will ever come to Australia is if a private company sets itself up where people can CHOOSE to buy a chip and go onto the database so that if they are reported missing etc... then the company can track them and pass on the details/location to the police...

What do you think Dipcdame???

Well that's where the controversy would start... Who gets the power to monitor it... Who controls it...? Police, government, ASIO? Under what circumstances could it be accessed by the public? Could it be used as evidence in court to show where a person was at a certain time? In most part it would make the world a safer place.... But for those who want to commit crimes, deal drugs, murders etc... they are obviously going to object to this technology...
But it would be a manhunt to find the people who don't want to be chiped so i think we should let america test run it to see if its good enough for us:).

I would object to this on privacy grounds. Although I dont have anything that Im aware of to hide, I dont like the thought that someone could more easily than now be big brother monitoring me. I feel we have lost so much rights to privacy since 9/11 in the name of national security that freedom will one day be a thing of the past. Remember now days I only have to point and say the T word and bam you'll be locked up and basic legal rights removed for quite some time before they have to prove it. We have more to fear and lose from our own governments than any terrorist organisation. Obviously Im not saying it will happen tomorrow but once you start picking at things sooner or later they will open up. Of course there in be benifits to this but the cons of it far outweigh the positives and the temptation and effects of the misuses are massive.

But it would be a manhunt to find the people who don't want to be chiped so i think we should let america test run it to see if its good enough for us:).

Lol for sure!!! American's always seem to try out the new stuff and if it turns out to be crap then we can all just sit and laugh and say how stupid they are HAHAHA!!! But I seriously doubt we'll be able to force people to have these chips... I think it'll just be something that becomes available that you can get if you want... I sure know that if I had the option I would get one straight away!

I don't understand your point... You just contradicted yourself... First I say that we already have the technology.... and that it will be hard to create the system because people will object to it.... And you say "they are chips not tracking devices" and "i doubt these farfetched ideas are ever going to happen"....
Now you've posted that it's already in place in Europe with half a million people using them.... You're jumping back and forth with what you believe and what is fact....
Let's settle for this....
1: The technology is already here
2: You will never be able to force people to have them unless in a communist government (which Australia is clearly not).
3: There are vast benefits for such a technology, like I said about preventing murders, and like you said about preventing death and missing persons...
4: The only way this technology will ever come to Australia is if a private company sets itself up where people can CHOOSE to buy a chip and go onto the database so that if they are reported missing etc... then the company can track them and pass on the details/location to the police...

I'm happy with that:D

No. 2 - as was said about cctv's....... look at the benefit we get from them?? The only objectors to those now are those who have something to lose by appearing on them doing something wrong.

3. the chips won't prevent death, only identify you once deceased

4. unless the government adopts the technology, at which point, hospitals, doctors, centrelink, or some combination of bodies/authorities

I am not particularly trying to contradict myself, only attempt to set peoples minds at rest that this isnt as scary as its made out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back