Humans 'will be implanted with microchips'

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would object to this on privacy grounds. Although I dont have anything that Im aware of to hide, I dont like the thought that someone could more easily than now be big brother monitoring me. I feel we have lost so much rights to privacy since 9/11 in the name of national security that freedom will one day be a thing of the past. Remember now days I only have to point and say the T word and bam you'll be locked up and basic legal rights removed for quite some time before they have to prove it. We have more to fear and lose from our own governments than any terrorist organisation. Obviously Im not saying it will happen tomorrow but once you start picking at things sooner or later they will open up. Of course there in be benifits to this but the cons of it far outweigh the positives and the temptation and effects of the misuses are massive.

I understand where you are coming from and that's why I'm quite sure it will never be legalised by government or they'd be voted out straight away... It will just be something that is optional to each and every person.

It would be good if it was mandatory for pedophiles,rapists and murderers i think thats the best idea to put them in the scum of society cos the the only ones that need to be tracked

No. 2 - as was said about cctv's....... look at the benefit we get from them?? The only objectors to those now are those who have something to lose by appearing on them doing something wrong.

3. the chips won't prevent death, only identify you once deceased

4. unless the government adopts the technology, at which point, hospitals, doctors, centrelink, or some combination of bodies/authorities

I am not particularly trying to contradict myself, only attempt to set peoples minds at rest that this isnt as scary as its made out to be.

LOL i am happy to settle with that. And I also agree that it is important that people understand that this isnt something to be scared about... The only ones who will be worried about it are the ones who have something to hide!!

P.S. thanks for the pm, hehe made me chuckle haha

I understand where you are coming from and that's why I'm quite sure it will never be legalised by government or they'd be voted out straight away... It will just be something that is optional to each and every person.

But wouldn't a chip help by showing up countries you've been to, and places you've been, organistaions you're affiliated with?? (all info stored on the chip directly, not tracked).

Would that not instantly help define if you're worth investigating as a "T"?????

Seumas, thank you for a lively debate, I am now about to go and look up the benefits of chipping, may be able to flummox you with the facts on the net!!!!!!!! heh heh

It would be good if it was mandatory for pedophiles,rapists and murderers i think thats the best idea to put them in the scum of society cos the the only ones that need to be tracked

That's a very valid point... Like Dipcdame and I are saying, the only poeple who would object are usually the ones with something to hide... I think that if the government created a system for criminals then the streets would be alot safer.... And for all those who are gona say "ex crims have privacy rights too" IMO they surrendered those rights as soon as they broke the law!!!

No. 2 - as was said about cctv's....... look at the benefit we get from them?? The only objectors to those now are those who have something to lose by appearing on them doing something wrong.
Ok but this is a hole nother level were talking about monitoring chips in everyone!

But wouldn't a chip help by showing up countries you've been to, and places you've been, organistaions you're affiliated with?? (all info stored on the chip directly, not tracked).

Would that not instantly help define if you're worth investigating as a "T"?????

Seumas, thank you for a lively debate, I am now about to go and look up the benefits of chipping, may be able to flummox you with the facts on the net!!!!!!!! heh heh

Hmm I understand your point, although if you think about it this way... If someone was commiting "T" acts and knew that they had a chip in their arm recording where they had been, but that it wasn't linked via satellite, wouldnt the obvious answer be to "accidentally" destroy the chip before it's scanned at say an airport (if that's where the scanners were to be setup). Then all the data would be lost and the individual would simply get a "slap on the wrist" for not looking after their chip better...

That's why I think it would be alot more effective if the chips were designed to transmit this information immediately to a central bureau so that it could be safely stored. This wouldn't be hard to accomplish, if you think of the massive amounts of data transmitted via mobile phones each day. If you have just the GPS system in the body then that would eliminate the need to have chips to process and store the info. Instead the central bureau would be the one that would evaluate, interprit, and immediately store all data.

Why? we can be physicall SEEN in most public places these days, I'm even afraid to pick my nose on the street now!!!!!!!! LOL

A cctv is what has helped us with our insurance claim, when we were hit by another car and the other driver took off without stopping (we were parked), this happened only 20 mins after picking the car up from the crash repairs after the first claim, on the SAME part of the car, (after a haarrowing wexperience I related on a precious thread). If we hadn't got the proof they hit us and didn't stop, we would have had to pay ANOTHER $300, cause we couldn't give the other persons details, but because of the camera, we could, and this has saved us the $300 excess to replace the front bumper yet AGAIN....only had the car a year, and this is the THIRD bumper bar it will have had!!!!!!!!!

A chip wouldn't have shown that!!!!!!!!!

SEUMAS........... how about we start up a company to start producing these chips... we could make a killing (so to speak) at this stage!!!!!!!! Get in on the ground floor!!!!!!! PMSL:!!!!!! Now how capitalist is that???????

Ok but this is a hole nother level were talking about monitoring chips in everyone!

Not really because I think we've established that we are never going to be able to force a person to be chipped. If this technology became available to the public then it would be our choice whether or not to have it done. I think that if those of us who have nothing to hide (which would be millions) took the step to get the chip, and those who have been convicted of crimes like you stated, were forced by the court of law to be chipped for a probational period (time period also deemed by the court) then we would see substantial benefits in our safety and also a massive reduction in crime from reoffenders.

I think the academic is talking about in a generation or so down the track, at which time, people will be more accepting of technology, much more so than us, and will be done as a process of birth, much the same as a birth certificate is nowadays. To the generation that sport these miracle chip things, it will be just an accepted part of life, and no more thought will be given to it than we do to rockets shooting into space these days!

If chips WERE trackable, think how much easier it would be to locate those children of ours who were abducted......... they could be located in minutes, AND the crim caught at the same time!!!!! No denying that person had done the abduction, and so, court cases would be SOOOOOOOO much easier..................... include those who are investigationg crimes, they could detect where the suspect was without having to ask him!!!!!!

DNA testing was vigorously objected to, it does happen, now, today, with crims in jail, but if we ALL had our DNA registered, it would show up new offenders too, they cou\ldn't hide from the DNA register simply because it was restricted to KNOWN criminals!!!!!

There are ust SOOOOOOOOOOO many benefits!!!!!

Last edited:
I think the academic is talking about in a generation or so down the track, at which time, people will be more accepting of technology, much more so than us, and will be done as a process of birth, much the same as a birth certificate is nowadays. To the generation that sport these miracle chip things, it will be just an accepted part of life, and no more thought will be given to it than we do to rockets shooting into space these days!

Beautifully put! Just like people only ever dreamed of walking on the moon in the 50's, the things we are dreaming of now will become a reality alot quicker than we think... Once it is established it is just going to be a part of our lives, like mobile phones are today. In 20 years we'll be sitting on this thread arguing about when we're going to be able to teleport or time travel... HAHA!!!

Beautifully put! Just like people only ever dreamed of walking on the moon in the 50's, the things we are dreaming of now will become a reality alot quicker than we think... Once it is established it is just going to be a part of our lives, like mobile phones are today. In 20 years we'll be sitting on this thread arguing about when we're going to be able to teleport or time travel... HAHA!!!

OMG....... I wish we could teleport now................... I have a dread fear of flying, and so keeps me from visiting my home country!!!! (could be a heckuva lot cheaper too!!!!!!) - AVID trekkie/dr who fan here!!!!!!!!

I dunno, I thought it was you youngsters who embraced new innovations, new technology, it's supposed to be us old fuddy-duddies in our middle-age who are supposed to be suspicious and paranoid about new things!!!!!!!!!!! Aren't we a funny lot?????

LOL i know what you mean... I laugh at the site of my oldies cursing at the computer or frantically pushing buttons on their mobile phones. But I must say that it's good to see "older" people (hehe) embracing the new technologies evolving throughout the world.

Haha teleporting!!! What a thrill that would be!!! Then I wouldn't have to travel 600km tomorrow morning to pick up my new NT carpet! Seems like an awful long drive for a snake haha!

LOL i reckon! Plus it helps that this is an ACTUAL debate between intelligent people!

OH, so I've changed status now, hey??? LOL Seriously though, I'm having a BALL!!!!!! sorry to those we seem to have taken over from!!!!!!!! OI....... OLDER??????? just watch it, you young whippersnapper!!!!!!

OH, so I've changed status now, hey??? LOL Seriously though, I'm having a BALL!!!!!! sorry to those we seem to have taken over from!!!!!!!! OI....... OLDER??????? just watch it, you young whippersnapper!!!!!!

LOL well remember you tricked me initially by going back and editing your post haha! So since then I guess I've re-evaluated my opinion ;) haha.

LOL don't take offence to the "older" comment hehe. I couldn't think of any other way to word it, hence the quotation marks :lol: Plus it was more of a general comment, not pointing any fingers :D

If chips WERE trackable, think how much easier it would be to locate those children of ours who were abducted......... they could be located in minutes, AND the crim caught at the same time!!!!!

I agree there are many many benefits.. but if someone were to abduct someone and everyone had this chip (say in the hand) there are alot people out there that wouldnt mind chopping off a childs hand so they dont get caught...putting the child in even more risk..
there would be massive arguments about issues like these all we need is for people to get some sence knocked into them so they need not be chipped.. but i think we all know thats not going to happen... but teleporting sounds fun :shock::D

"This black box will then be a witness to our actual movements, words — perhaps even our PERHAPS EVEN OUR THOUGHTS —-and play a similar role to the black box placed in an aircraft,"
if they could read my thoughts i deffinently wouldnt get one... in my mind thats to much..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back