Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yommy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Bewtween the Central and Mid North Coast - NSW
A question for the guys with hypo's.
If you crossed the hypo with a really nice standard line bredli would the clutch have a mix of both? or to keep the hypo line you have to breed hypo to hypo?
Both lines of bredli are awesome animals, just curious. :?:

Or is it me? No! it's you, so, if you're you and I'm me what right have you got to call yourself me?

Very Smart there Afro :) :)

Sorry Yommy, I can't answer that question. IMO, if I had Hypo Bredli, then I would only breed them with Hypo's :)

For those of us that aren't you Westy could you expand a little on your theory?

I believe you would most likely get a mixed clutch Yommy, hypo's, regular and somewhere in between, but i'm not speaking from experience so hopefully someone who knows for sure will reply.

Was going to ask the same Parko :wink: No such thing as a hypo bredli huh...elusive as the black panther .Pics or it didn't happen and all that stuff :roll:

Lol Browns, i'll wait for Westy's reply before i bring out the pics, i've even got a photo of a hypo bredli without the head in it, just like the Victorian black panther.
:)

Yeah will be interesting to hear.I know of nobody yet that has put hypo to hypo to see if it is actually a trait which in the true sense of the word hypo should mean but it also means less black/reduced black compared to a normal.

I read on another forum by a morph expert that hypomelanistic means no black at all but they do still have black, just much less than normals ,after being crossed to each other they should get lighter again"recessive trait"..."so"will be awesome to see what comes of a hypo to hypo breeding produces.I know Bo W has a pair or so from Tremain which are screamers he mentioned he would be breeding this year so hopefully the trait is proven?

Yes I think you would get a mix of both standard and hypos. Not quite sure about the theory they don't exist though. I have some and they definitely exist. If a snake has reduced black it is hypomelanistic, amelanistic means no black at all.

WIth the no hypo's theory does that infer that the reduced black is not directly related to specific genetics but rather a variation in colouring? (like darwins compared to coastals for example).

I'm not sure how relevant that is in this situation though, the hypo Bredls are still just Bredls but with a noticeable reduction of black in it's otherwise normal colouring. It just isn't possible to say they don't exist, you could argue that the Loch Ness monster doesn't exist as it has never been captured or properly photographed.
If you look at a good hypo Bredli or coastal for that matter there is no doubt that they are what they are. The fact that the waters get muddied with so many animals being labelled hypo when they quite obviously aren't does make it harder.

just like the Victorian black panther
i was reading something last night that was interesting, there is technically no such thing as a "panther" it is a name used by people when talking about a black leopard or puma. (i found it interesting)

as for the hypo bredli, they do exist as said they just meen REDUCED black, NOT no black.
i reckon you would get a mix of both.

I bred hypo bredli last year and out of 17 hatchlings
7 were hypo. The difference between the normal ones and
the hypo ones were like chalk and cheese.

And I can say with no hesitation that your hypos were very definitely hypo, one is lighter than the other but neither are showing signs of any black as yet.

has anybody got any pics of adult hypo bredls,there are lots of pics getting around of hatchlings but rarely adults

re Hypo

Roy Pails and southern cross and others must breed some hypo to hypo as it sems a high proportion of their animals are hypo.A friend that breeds bredlis gets a small number of hypos from his normal breeders,the 4 or 5 hypos he produced i couldnt see any black at all,very nice snakes :)

That is the best question yet! Where are the adult Hypos? Have a look on the following website, Precision Reptiles.com. They have one of the most spectacular Bredls I have ever seen Yet they dont call it Hypo. Had a look the Pictures on their site are not that good, but have a look in the new monitor! There is a pic on the back of a spectacular Bredli. Funny how these are not called Hypo? Not a proven trait, so dont believe it. I just think these names are used to raise their price! Do a Google search and you will see real proven Hypomelanistic snakes!

They have one of the most spectacular Bredls I have ever seen Yet they dont call it Hypo.
MH, i must have missed something, i went to their bredli page and saw ave to nice bredli imo.
Wait til you see what Indicus will have this season, I know Im in the que!
Adult hypos do exist - bigguy and shane have both posted pics of their adults (Indicus' line) and they are stunning animals.

Did you see the back of the Monitor? Maybe you did not read the rest of my response? They changed the pics recently. Prove the genetics then I will be a believer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back