Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really not sure what you are saying here, how can you not believe they exist ? Lots of people have them and they have much reduced black hence they are hypomelanistic. I bought mine from JunglePython on this site and the female was very obviously a hypomelanistic Bredli. Sorry but the fatc that you don't believe it does not in any way change the facts as they are. A snake with much reduced melanin is hypomelanistic.
The snakes on precisionreptiles.com were nice enough but in no way hypo, a Bredli can be spectacular without being hypo so I'm not really sure what you are getting at.

re Hypo

Had a visit to precision reptiles,its an interesting site the bredli didnt look hypo to me but they were attractive animals,i was most interested in the jag history section and the jag siblings.They state in the history section that most morphs originate from the wild,its god to have another believer on board.They also state that the jag sibs yellow is bright fluoresent type unusual ive seen that before with coastal x jungle in allot but not all hatchlings and tryed to explain it but you cant unless you see it,anyway it is very producible here in ozz.Yep ime getting changed into a mutt lover :lol:

I think most people accept that most morphs are/were first seen in wild snakes, they are just perfected and refined in captive bred animals. Good to hear you are starting to appreciate the beauty of designer snakes :)

re Hypo

Ime interested boa in what makes this weird yellow fluorescent color like of told people about it including browns,longtom etc for years.Its strange that this super brightness is achieved in crosses in the ones i seen,much brighter than any reall diamond or jungle,something at play here in the genetics :D

I found that post a little hard to follow but we have see animals like the BumbleeBee BHP that can show these extremely bright colours in the wild. Almost every morph has been started with a wild animal.

tnsany05733ju.jpg

My Bredli from Tremain, over a year and a half old, as u can see a bit of black here and there but definately less than my other regular bredli.
People have posted pics of older bredli with even less black from Tremain on this forum before.

Hypo

Thanks for all the input you have cleared that one up for me. Are there photo's of adult hypos, as mentioned you only ever see juvi's and sub adults? Would be interested to see what they turn out like as adults for the money people are asking for them?

Here's a photo of my hypo bredli, who is over 18 months old now, and she is showing no more black than she had as a hatchling.
One thing that seems to sometimes appear on hypo bredlis are black or dark spots.

geez Parko, still looking awesome.

Nome was looking at the pic you emailed her a year or so ago, and she (?) just keeps looking better and better.

Thanks Dugaduga, i appreciate your comment. To be honest i think he looks better than that live as the pics always seem a bit grainy...

Seeing asthough your on the topic of hypo's (reduced melanin). To clarify this up for me, Is their such a thing as hypermelanistic (increased melanin). Or is this just known as melanistic (like the darwin carpet in reptiles australia, volume 2, issue 2).

Cheers. Lance.

Increased melanin as your saying like the darwin carpet in reptiles australia, volume 2, issue 2, is called 'amelanistic', where the animal is almost completely black. - I'd personally like to see a photo of the blue tongues that were metioned in the article that have that trait and are all black - would be interesting to see!

Looking tops Parko and that was one ii said wouldn't be as hypo as others yet still looking hot!!!Still don't believe in hypo bredli MH?Doc Roc is selling them...i'm sure someone will breed they hypos together soon enough but simple fact is they have reduced black just like the non believers of hypo carpets..

Yeah have seen some full on fluro yellow and green supposed pure diamonds zuludude wonder if they were ...ummmm what's that bloody word again?

Sorry ishould correct myself there,Tremain said that hence the cheaper price tag..and now they're prices have skyrocketed.Tremain has some awesome bredli,i'm glad he's keeping so light :)

Hi yommy;
I believe you'll get a mix...by putting a standard over a hypo.
Some with less black others with more......
My original breeding pair of animals were the pick; from two unrelated clutchs.
The owner before me had chosen them for their over-all colour and reduced black...
They have darkened in over all colour, some what....however still have reduced black.
At present the breeding girls and breeder male are in shed and prelay shed....I normally end up three quarters of the clutch, haveing a remarkable reduction in black pigment; some with little to none....All the hypo's i have seen; still get a small amount as they age...normally towards the tail; some more then others... I will try and post some pics when they shed (still cannot post pics; Mods?)...I hope with the line breeding....the amount of black will be even less; the red/orange brighter.
Either way; all depends what you like.......more or less black?
Some nice snakes Parko/Stiffler 8)

cheers Browns, considering i wasn't really all that fussed about black pigment and what not when i purchased him i reckon i got real lucky, i'd expect to pay more than i did for another like him. Indicus i have pm'd you mate.

foxysnake said:
Increased melanin as your saying like the darwin carpet in reptiles australia, volume 2, issue 2, is called 'amelanistic', where the animal is almost completely black.

That's incorrect.

An increase in melanin is hypermelanistic.

When the animal is completely black it is termed 'melanistic'.

'Amelanistic' means a complete absence of melanin.

:p

Hix

So... Hypo (reduced melanin), Hyper (increased melanin), melanistic (black), amelanistic (?) White, Albino?

Reptilia said:
So... Hypo (reduced melanin), Hyper (increased melanin), melanistic (black), amelanistic (?) White, Albino?

amelanistic means, literally, without melanin (the Latin prefix 'a-' means 'without'). In animals that are coloured only by melanins (and there are different types of melanins), then an amelanistic animal looks white and has pink or red eyes eg. mammals, like humans, rabbits, wallabies etc. The word albino has been attributed to these animals.

Albino is a portuguese word, derived from the Latin word alba (meaning white) and the Portuguese modifier '-ino' which means 'has the appearance' (or words to that effect). It literally means something that is white.

Birds and reptiles have another sort of pigment called xanthins, that produces yellow colours. Many amelanistic reptiles still have their patterns, but marked in bold yellow. These animals are correctly termed amelanistic, but are usually refered to as 'albinos', which is not correct because albinos are all white (with pink eyes).

I've heard it stated that, as albino mammals have no melanin, then the word albino must mean "no melanin". Hence the confusion (I blame the Americans).

Thankfully, the bird world refers to an amelanistic, but xanthic, bird as a Lutino (or similar). They reserve albino for all white birds. Some hairsplitters even go so far to say that a true albino mutation is one mutation that jointly affects both the melanin and xanthic producing genes simultaneously, but there's no need for us to go there.

Just my 2 cents worth. Hope that clears things up a little.

:p

Hix

nice pic parko and stiffler,lets keep all of the pics coming.I am sure everyone is still very keen to see a pic of an adult hypo bredl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back