Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im in Newcastle if you would like someone to give you a hand & second opinion to make sure this snake is for you, im more than willing to help, pm, im home every day & willing to help you out.. if you would like to come over your more than welcome,

Same here, Martinsmum! im in Newcastle, and more than willing to provide a hand if needed. i love seeing new people getting into the hobby.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures of your sons new critter!

for the disbelievers, i took some pics today, & seen one of the 'BEST' displays of male combat while doing it.all on top of a cloths line, these guys were hanging 4-5 foot out off the end of the cloths line..amazing it was.. the diamond pinned the intergrade..the intergrade made a quick retreat to the ground.. i was taking so many pics i ran out of batterys just before View attachment 156821the combat started, by the time my gf went & got more batteries id missed all the combat shots..spewing but got others for you's.. right, his enclosure isView attachment 156820 2.6mtrs long, he cant stretch out completely & has to curl his tail to lay end to end.. the trampoline measures 2.97mtrs end to end...it was very hard View attachment 156819to get a pic from above because he wouldnt fit in the frame..lol.. (& i wasnt getting on the shed roof..lol.).. so here you go, the thong is a size 11...View attachment 156818

I take back what I said. lol definitely didn't look like it was a 3m snake. awesome mate.

Holy crap - that's huge! lol
remember the snake grows with you so you sort of get used to them getting bigger.....and even if you get a hatchy it could get that big.
Personally I'd get the hatchy and just try to choose the quietest one and hope. if you put the effort in to handle it regularly hopefully you will have a lovely calm snake.

we have two jungles now.....our girl is lovely we have perservered with her and she will only get to 1.8 - 2 meters. We love her so much we went back to the same breeder and bought a boy to go with her.

really it gets down to whether you want an 'instant' snake or the pleasure of growing up a hatchy. If you can find one about 4 to 5 months old they are usually a bit mroe settled with feeding etc.

Elizabeth

Wow, i must have missed the part when we got new moderators..lol

M's Mum.. Get the 16month old!

remember dont rush into getting the snake.. get its enclosure set up first, run it for a week or so make sure everything is working properly and then put the python in it.

best of luck :)

I got my MD as a hatchie.. I really like seeing him grow and change. I think it's an important part of the whole experience =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back