Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks AMPythons! ;)

Bez84, can u try again please? i wanna see,...!! :p

I also don't want to take on someone else's "problem child" and I wonder why they are selling him (they have other snakes) so it makes me curious as to why they're selling this one in particular. Apparently when this one sheds it's tail doesn't come away properly so you have to get water & help it off.

Maybe it's better to go with a baby.

a retained tail shed on a handleable snake is not a problem.... much less of a problem than a hatchy with attitude.... that may or maynot keep that attitude......

I don't think the diamond he's holding is 3m long. It just doesn't look like it, judging by how tall he is.

but he does have it wrapped around his wrist and he has said it is 3m and i'm not about to accuse him of false hoods....... he may be 2 1/2 metres tall for all i know.....

but he does have it wrapped around his wrist and he has said it is 3m and i'm not about to accuse him of false hoods....... he may be 2 1/2 metres tall for all i know.....

lol yeah I don't wanna accuse anyone either. I'm just saying it doesn't look like a 3m long diamond. it's huge tho don't get me wrong. haha.

lol yeah I don't wanna accuse anyone either. I'm just saying it doesn't look like a 3m long diamond. it's huge tho don't get me wrong. haha.

Its a nice looking diamond either way, but i gotta agree, i would say it looks about 2.2m to 2.5m tops. Thats just how it appears (based on if you are the average 6ft tall man). Got some girth on it though haha

im 6 foot 1 inch, i'll get some better pics for you.. i have my hands above my head & he coiled around my arm.. maybe 2.8-2.9 mtrs.. he's a slug..lol.. tried breeding him 3 yrs in a row 4 different 'partners'.. no go..he's just not interrested..lol..

if i were you......i would get a hatchling,my two are both placid as my 2 year old handles them as do my other kids and we've never had a problem yet and the kids get up in their face lol

im 6 foot 1 inch, i'll get some better pics for you.. i have my hands above my head & he coiled around my arm.. maybe 2.8-2.9 mtrs.. he's a slug..lol.. tried breeding him 3 yrs in a row 4 different 'partners'.. no go..he's just not interrested..lol..

haha ok fair enough, thats always the problem with snakes, they are so hard to accurately judge the length of, but i would still like to see those pics :) haha

024 (2).jpgThis is my big girl at 2.6 - 2.7m! We have all sizes of diamonds (+ others) in my household; but when it comes to this big girl my kids have to be sitting on the couch to hold her so they can use the couch and their legs to support her!!!
There is pro's and con's for both sides of juvi vrs older.....choose what your most comfortable with.....Goodluck

It's a good price if the snake is in good health. Just add some branches to the enclosure and you'll be set.

Though i'd say, just take your time and look around. If you just jump at the 1st one you find, you may find yourself finding another animal or species you like better and regretting it =p.

: 3m is listed as 'the average' for Diamonds, its not often you will see snakes stretched out like that so it can be a shock when they do,

Is that a fact too, don't snakes stretch out very often?

if the size is causing you concern then maybe look at a Murray Darling, they 'average' at 2.4m and i hear they are pretty calm and bombproof, and a good midsize snake for beginners,

There is always a problem when people write what "they hear" instead of keeping quite and letting people that know, do the talking.

I'm likely to get chewed out for this but please use a UV.
All pythons need UV. As do all animals. If you're getting it out for a min of 3hours a week into direct full sun fine, but not many people have time for that.
This is not a 'diamond' specific thing. Its a vitamin D thing. I'm not saying you'll definitely have problems if you dont, but you'll definitely do better if you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back