Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the privilege of meeting Farma while i was at the show. He looked nothing like i thought... Top bloke though.

Farma.jpg

Nice to see he got a haircut for the event! lol

Yeah Farma it was lovely to see you yet again this year at the Expo ...... such a lovely guy

hahaha I am not Igotfrogs

that was an imposter
a damn BIG one too!

Was a great show and worth the visit. Good to catch up with all the usuals as well. Think I spent more time gasbagging to people than I did looking at animals, although my favourite was by far the perentie, great enclosure setup and an awesome looking critter. Well done guys.

My only disappointment was walking into the show and seeing someone holding corn snakes, but that is a debate for another day.

nawww farma dont get all shy now people know what you really look like your a lovely guy :)

I couldnt grow that much facial hair in a year if my life depended on it lol

that regain must really be working for you farma :)

veenarm : If that wasn't aimed at me, then I'm sorry in advance for the following... if it was aimed at me, then I only really have this to say
"Super Worms" and mealworms are the same thing,

The sp. Tenebrio Molitor are the common Mealworm (which you get in 99% of petshops) They feed them a hormone to prolong the larval stage making them a superworm.

Zophobas Morio which I do have and cultivate are a very different bug to the Tenebrio Molitor.
Zophobas Morio is what people call Giant Mealworms.
I had mine very clearly marked as "Giant Mealworms" which is the latter.

In your statement you make, you have mis-used species by crossing them. You have made out that they are the same species.

It's like saying Diamond Olive python. it's confusing because there are 2 species which you are referring to, so it's hard to determine which one you are actually talking about.

Again though, my apologies for this reply if it wasn’t aimed at me.

I'm not sure if it was you or not :p
I'm more confused than anything, but I have spoken to some people and apparently all the names seem to get used interchangably, I have heard of the hormone etc, but that doesn't change the entire shape / detail of a worm.

My understanding was Mealworms are mostly shell and shouldn't really be fed to Bearded Dragons (more birds etc) but Super/King worms can be fed as treats as they are fatty and my guys LOVE them..

220px-Mealworms_in_plastic_container_of_bran.jpg
From wikipedia - these are mealworms so I would of assumed etc...

Everything I've read pointed to king/super being the same, but now apparently subtle differences are noticed (such as) super can't be put in fridge and are the larger ones and King are apparently the 'large mealworm' with the hormore.

I mainly questioned it as yours looked exactly like 'medium sized superworms' as from the herp shops food section
SupperWorms.jpg

I'm glad i'm learning more as I am breeding both mealworms and superworms and always though that king/super were the same!!

But yes, didn't mean to offend I actually was very curious as to the main differences as it seems very hard to tell them apart! :)

i was hoping to see/get a jacky dragon or a gecko, but they didnt have any geckos i like there, just the knobb tails and amyea ( spelling?)

Cool :) There were a few other kinds of gex that I saw, but mostly knobbies, yeah. I didn't see any jacky dragons. I hope you find some soon!

yer my type of gecko is one with a proper tail not a half cut off looking one.

Lol, I know what you mean, amyae and asper have tiny little tails. I quite like it, but if it's not for you, levis have decent sized tails!

oh well, i suppose ill just have to go to the next expo now untill i find some i like ;)

That's the ticket! See you at the Hawkesbury one? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back