Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simon wanted to see this topic and people input in , to make right choice for the comp format.

any ideas on the chosen way to enter the competition or is it still in debate?

Was I right? I just guessed....
I think the image method is the best way to go. Anything else is just too easy to google. I think that having the competition only open to subscribers is also a good idea as well. Just another benefit of being a member and a little incentive not to misbehave.

Depends where the image comes from. In the last comp i identified one of the species by searching google images and finding the exact same picture Slatey put up.

i have an idea but it might sound a little overkill, well here it goes. Maybe design a downloadable file/programme in which there is multiple choice questionaire on herps or other random topics, have it set to a one time only use by entering a member login name and password. maybe do this once a month for a desired period of time with all replies sent via email to a designated host at the end of the questionaire

I think that having the competition only open to subscribers is also a good idea as well. Just another benefit of being a member and a little incentive not to misbehave.

I disagree with the 'Subscriber only' option. I am not a subscriber, and the reason for this is because I do not have a PayPal account to become one. I have offered to post a cheque to Adam or Slateman, and I offered to do a direct debit to either, and the offer was refused as, to avoid confusion, and given the large membership, it wasn't convenient.

I don't have PayPal as the company messed up my account in the past and caused no end of confusion fixing it up, not to mention the inconvenience and I don't wish to open another PayPal account and have this happen again.

So why, when I have been an active member for a long period of time, with no infractions ever issued against me, yet a large post count to show I do contribute, and have shown a desire to become a subscriber, should I not be allowed to enter this competition ?

<insert fine print here:> Of course, all of the above is hypothetical, as, like Sdaji has expressed, after having been placed in the last snake comp from Southern X Reptiles, I have a few personal/moral/ethic issues about it being fair to enter this one.

So even a child could win why not one entry only and every week you get to chosse 2 numbers the first person to get the last 2 sup numbers in sat/night lotto draw wins ,if there are 2+ people with the same numbers then thay play off week 2 1 number needed the last sup if some one has the first sup and no one has the last thay win if some one has the last number thay win .2nd and 3nd prizes come by the last 2 peolpe left with the close to the winning number if one either side play off in week after draw so that way every on has a even chance of winning even a child that way every one has a chance and no one knows the last 2 lotto numbers well thats my system put forward thankyou and good luck everyone on what ever the comp is cheers rob

Attachments

• golden_casket_thumb.gif
    golden_casket_thumb.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 216
I go for a spelling competition........but a dictionary is pretty easy to look up...
On a sensible note......I like the lottery bit and subscriber bit...'cause I am as dumb as.......

How about a reverse auction?

Everyone submits their bid and the lowest unique bid wins.

MISS B GOSHDARNIT UVE DUN IT!!!

i retract all my previous attemps at designing a competition and put all my effort into voting for this lol

i like the reverse auction really easy to pic first second and thrid

Wow i think i read the first 5 pages then kinda gave up, anyway i had a thought while i was at work.
A monthly quiz maybe 20 questions varying topics, varying difficulty.
now this is the part where we need someone with knowledge to build it.
You have to register for the quiz, and to take the quiz you have to log in to a different quiz section of the site and to limit peoples googling ability the quiz has a time limit lets say 5 minutes if you dont complete the quiz in 5 minute the unanswered questions get put down as wrong. The only problem is some people could register twice and google the answers and log in again and get them all right .

I like inthegrass's (and donkeys) idea, buy a ticket with your name on it for $5 - $10 and draw a winner.
Its fair for anyone who enters, mainly the younger people who dont know a great deal yet and raises money for the site. simple but fair;)

Yep, but there should be a limit of 1 or 2 tickets per customer, so the kids have as much chance as the millionaires. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back