Is my Diamond Python trying to hibernate?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well put up a post on here asking if there is anyone that will take him for u, im sure they would in a heartbeat. this is a very good way of connecting with other people who are into reptiles and im sure they would want to help out.

Yeah I will soon. not yet, i've got the application in my room, it was going to be sent today but since i'm finding someone to take him then i won't need it yet.

As i said, i just got him. i didn't know beforehand. i had it organised to send the application ASAP.
as i said, i havne't found anyone to take him yet and i can't just set it free!

Ok ok... i know my reply was not helpful in any way..... but seriously..... it gets frustrating! Sorry.

As for someone looking after it until such time as adequate housing is purchased? i doubt many

would pu their hands up due to the threat of disease and infection.

Not look after it. Keep it,
I've already posted in the Freebies section.
Im sure someone will be able to take it.

I'm going to research different reptiles, set up the tank accordingly, and look for one i can take care of properly and one of a more suitable size, might take a while to get money together so as too many posts have said, I WILL RESEARCH.

how easily is infection and stuff spread? could it still spread if it was kept in a different room to the rest of someones reptiles? even if the used all that antibacterial hand stuff?

well i admire you for putting it up for "sale". takes a lot to part with an animal you love. but you are doing the best thing, so well donw.

You're doing the right thing Siarn, by giving it away to someone who's able to take care of it. Take your time in researching and I wish you the best of luck the next time you decide to keep another species. =)

Yeah, i just want the it to be happy :)
hopefully found someone already!

I will, and i'll be sure to post any questions or worries BEFORE i get my next reptile :D

It won't take long at all. I was giving away a spotted python not too long ago and I got about 6-7 pms in a matter of minutes. Some people STILL ask me now even though it's long gone. lol haha. good luck!

I would have much prefered this to go in Sians favour.
Surely someone in NSW has a bigger enclosure they could donate to Sian so she can keep the python herself. Even a dodgy bang up job that is, at least secure.

Yes it is off licence, and yes it is illegal. But parks and wildlife usually work with you in situations like these to resolve them.

I agree, it wouldn't have taken much to fix the problem from Siarn's side.
A new enclosure, a copy of Mike Swan's book, and a phone call to parks and wildlife would probably have seen the snake well-cared for, legally, within the week.

I would have as well,
I've found someone who can come get it tomorrow and who will take very good care of it.
He even said when he breeds a pair of his i could get a hatchling and start from scratch if I'm ready.
Then i can already have my license, and the enclosure can be all fixed up and i get take care of a diamond properly.

Very happy with how this all has turned out

What are the implications though of giving away a snake not on license?

Did the original owner have it on license?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back