Is my Diamond Python trying to hibernate?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, Im giving it to a breeder from Sydney who's got 3 others and great enclosures.

Nope

Yeah, I'm very happy, and the snake will be too.
I'm still getting messages from people who are interested haha,
Diamonds are popular!

just because this issue now seems resolved, do yourself a favour and don't leave the forum, hang around and read all the threads that are relevant to pythons, you will be better prepared when the time comes, and you will get a lot of helpful info if you start a thread 'newbie advice needed'...

maybe even find someone nearby who will gladly let you see first hand how to set something up...

Now what does the new owner do that this is off licence?

Nothing, and just write it off on the books?

I hope you do get the Diamond hatchling you have been promised :)
Your intentions are obviously good. Some research and the right enclosure and equipment and you will be good to go for next time :D

Turns out he can't take the python until my license is all done, I am sending it off today and hopefully it will get processed soon.
Yeah! if the breeding is successful i'll be getting a Hatchy sometime later this year :D

This doesn't make sense.. even if you get your licence done you will need to prove you acquired the snake legally to give it away right?

There needs to be a paper trail for every reptile so how does this work guys? Also what about the 6 month retention rule.. what happens with that in this situation?

Im sure siarn can give the proper authorities the previous owners contact details and if hes got that snake illegal it will be on him not her because shes doing the best for the snake and generally they are pretty understanding to caring people from what ive seen

Yeah, I'm sure the issues of licensing when handing it over will all work out,
I'm sending my application off now :)

This doesn't make sense.. even if you get your licence done you will need to prove you acquired the snake legally to give it away right?

There needs to be a paper trail for every reptile so how does this work guys? Also what about the 6 month retention rule.. what happens with that in this situation?

Confused.com ?!?!?!

If the snake is not on license with its old owner, you aquiring a license will not gain anything. It just means the person
you are giving the snake to has their *** covered as they got it ''thinking'' it was legitimately on license. You however will not be covered.
How will you get it onto your license?

Maybe do a little reading as to how your licensing system works. i'd hate for you to get stung when you are trying to
do the right thing.

Im not getting a license for Jasper, I'm getting a license so i can have a snake later one when i've organised everything and researched which would be best.

Confused.com ?!?!?!

If the snake is not on license with its old owner, you aquiring a license will not gain anything. It just means the person
you are giving the snake to has their *** covered as they got it ''thinking'' it was legitimately on license. You however will not be covered.
How will you get it onto your license?

Maybe do a little reading as to how your licensing system works. i'd hate for you to get stung when you are trying to
do the right thing.
the person shes handing it off to is on these forums i think so i believe he/she would understand shes not licensed.

Im not getting a license for Jasper, I'm getting a license so i can have a snake later one when i've organised everything and researched which would be best.

?? you getting a license? if you have a license you can keep anything that is able to be kept under that license .. you dont get seperate licenses for each animal

?? you getting a license? if you have a license you can keep anything that is able to be kept under that license .. you dont get seperate licenses for each animal
she was saying she wasnt getting a license to keep the current snake, shes getting a license so she can get a snake in the future from the breeder shes met. read the whole thread mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back