Is my Diamond Python trying to hibernate?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
she also said that she needs to get a licence so the breeder can take the snake off her hands but now says shes getting a licence for another snake down the track.

Siarn,have you heard of pet R.O.C.K.S...make great easy pets and you can keep it in your setup guaranteed to stay put where ever you place them and you dont need a permit to keep one PERFECT for you now :)

Okay. Im sending my license off today, Im keeping Jasper. and Im buying a new enclosure for him/her.
I held her last night and she's made so much progress. and no more escapes! i've just turned the heat lamp off and she sleeps in her hide most of the time.

The new enclosure is fit with everything i need to get the best lamps for her. and the license is in the works.

Thanks to the people on here that actually gave decent advice.

We have diamonds and 30 degrees sounds a bit hot, you should try to offer it a range of temperarures in its enclousure.

I think you should get this book - it will tell you everything you need to know about looking after Jasper properly.

-Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons Edited by Mike Swan

Okay. Im sending my license off today, Im keeping Jasper. and Im buying a new enclosure for him/her.
I held her last night and she's made so much progress. and no more escapes! i've just turned the heat lamp off and she sleeps in her hide most of the time.

The new enclosure is fit with everything i need to get the best lamps for her. and the license is in the works.

Thanks to the people on here that actually gave decent advice.

this is great news! :) imo 30*c isnt too bad. i have mine at 30 air temp (in the branches)

I think she should put the fifty dollars that the book would cost towards a new enclosure and just read a care sheet for a diamond python online somewhere.

She probably does not need to know the ins and outs of keeping and breeding every available australian python just yet.

I think you should get this book - it will tell you everything you need to know about looking after Jasper properly.

-Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons Edited by Mike Swan

Im sure if Sian explained her situation to parks and wildlife once she gets her licence they will help her out.

What size is the new enclosure ? post a pic once you get it if you want some sensible advice / suggestions

I think she should put the fifty dollars that the book would cost towards a new enclosure and just read a care sheet for a diamond python online somewhere.

She probably does not need to know the ins and outs of keeping and breeding every available australian python just yet.

That's an even better idea! Do this instead :D

I've let the temperature go down a bit, its about 23 degrees in there at the moment.
And no more attempted escapes!

When should i try to feed Jasper?
He's already pooped.

Siarn, if you are keeping Jasper the best thing you can do for him is research all
you can find on Dimond pythons and provide what he needs.
before getting my python a month ago I researched for a couple of years. reading
through the posts on this and other forums I picked up loads of info. I also found
a couple of cheap books on ebay.
Care of Australian Reptiles in captivity by John Weigel
Keeping carpet Pythons by Simon Kortlang & Darren Green

All the best:)

Be a good thing if he actually knew they "BRUMATE" not hibernate, There is a very distinced
difference!
bahhhhhahaha sorry but that gave me a giggle ....and Beeman is right if you look up BRUMATE and HIBERNATE you will see the difference ;)

I read through as much as possible as soon as i got him :)
This forum has been great though, definitely a life line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back