Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the more civil responses guys.

And "them" is in reference to those who ignorantly bash hybrids. Not Aussie or American.

BTW, if you guys give Americans the oh, so lovely term of "Yank", what can I call you guys besides "Aussies". Is there an Australian counterpart?

-Yasser

BTW, if you guys give Americans the oh, so lovely term of "Yank", what can I call you guys besides "Aussies". Is there an Australian counterpart?

The only thing that comes to mind is "Skippy" Or "Skip" :p

Well why not be polite and not refer to Americans as Yanks?:D

imo cross breeding is wrong because all it takes is one idiot to do it just cuas ehe wants to make a quick dollar then selling them as pure breds then the maket get flooded (overtime) with cross bred crap and no one will know whats what

That snake looks horrible!!!! it's a real shame to see such a bitza! Just how many different species are you playing god with in that thing...:shock: SAY NO TO HYBRIDS! ...Yes i'm "one of them!"

Well, cross me off that list.
The last thing I am going to do with these is make a quick buck. Every last one of them is going to stay here. :D

-Yasser

Yasser why do you feel the need mix different species that obviously don't belong together...Also what health implications are involved with these mixed bags of lollies lol. Have you done any studies into this? mixing 2,3,4,5 diff species from totally different ranges imo would have to have its' implications...I would rather a pure gtp or even coastal for that matter over a "jagpondro" from unknown origins

But why even bother argueing about it ? You don't like them which is fine, Yasser and many others do like them.

Them would be the people against cross breeding of different snake species.

That would be me.
Why mix things up when what you already have is beautiful and interesting?

So glad Yasser that you're from the states, and not on home turf. :)

I'm truly amazed how many people think this is only happening 'over there' :)

No boa we don't think it's only happening ova there i'm not naive...but I do believe because it's legal over there for them to breed what ever they like then theres alot more of it going on there than here...and even those that do crossbreed here aren't game to show off about it like it's a great idea it's illegal here for a reason :p

The illegality just forces it underground, it does nothing to stop it.

Well why not be polite and not refer to Americans as Yanks?:D

Hey Yasser

That is exactly what I mean.

Afterall we all like our animals - why not just enjoy the animals for what they are ie, beautiful creatures and not be "us and them"

An explanation of Ozzie sense of humor. - It is very strange/odd sometimes even to purebred Ozzies like me.

We live with it and are used to it. I am sure the term yank is not meant to be offensive.

Cheers
Sandee :)

If you want to be put on the list for Carpondros or Dipondros or even Wopondros just send me a deposit and I'll put you straight to the top.

So what are you admitting to then? ;)

Once non Australian's come here they quickly work out that the Australian language is a quirky crossbreed/hybridisation/cross fertilisation/abomination of English co evolved with a laid back way of life.

Once you have explained terms like Pom, Yank, Dago, etc. bemusement is sometimes the response.

Then you explain the terms Chippy, Sparky etc. and ask them what we would refer to Plumbers are they are more bemused and tend to give in and cope, well usually cope, with the fact that you have given them a nick name that ends in "EE" unless of course their name already ends with an "EE" sound and their nick name has ended up ending in "AZZA".

When I first met my now dead Canadian father in law, who spent too much time with Aussies during the war, he said "Please to meet you, you old bastard!". The assembled Canadians jaws dropped but I understood the term of endearment!

Hey Yasser

That is exactly what I mean.

Afterall we all like our animals - why not just enjoy the animals for what they are ie, beautiful creatures and not be "us and them"

An explanation of Ozzie sense of humor. - It is very strange/odd sometimes even to purebred Ozzies like me.

We live with it and are used to it. I am sure the term yank is not meant to be offensive.

Cheers
Sandee :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back