jason goodman says: hey everyone

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when i get my snake is it bad to feed it wild mice because my mate has got millions in his bird cage and if it is can you tell me some of the reasons.:p

Hi, yes it is bad to feed your snake wild mice as you dont want to pass on any diseases or parasites or mites or..... what ever else

hey so stay away from the wild ones then so do i just buy them from the pet shop i have to buy some soon is all because i have the permit forms at home sooo i will be sending those of this week some time. wat kind of bulb do i need in the terrarium wats the wattage is wat i mean. Tank temperature???????????

yes you can buy the mice/rats from pet stores it is better to feed your snake thawed food as live can harm your snake. but if you can get in touch with a mice/rat breeder then you can buy the food really cheap. as for temps and lights depends realy on how big your enclosure is going to be but i have a 4x2x3 foot enclosure and all i have is a exo terra infra red bulb 150w attached to a thermostat which is set to 32c in the hot end. thats his heat and lighting.

oh yeah and always get, or make a light cage so that your snake can't actually touch or wrap around the light as this can cause SERIOUS BURNS!

i am definently getting a carpet python. do i have to feed it any other animals or is it just mice?????????. will i have to add any supplements to keep it healthy ?????????? is it good to take it outside sometimes and like put it on the lawn or anything like that????????

mice is good then get it onto rats as carpets grow big otherwise you will be going through mice likes theres no tomorrow. you dont need supplements as they get everything they need from the mice/rats. and taking it outside is really up to you but they are fast so be careful it wont slither away, also watch for birds as they will swoop down and steal him for a meal themselves.

i cant wait to get a carpet snake i want to get a bredli next i think they are so beautiful and nice.

wicked reptiles : not to bad love the avatar
Mrs Mac:black headed python they are beautiful hope to own one, one day arent they like $2000 if you dont mind me askin

hey mate i am from ippy and i go to bundamda high not ipswich we should meet up some time, everyone from around ippy should meet at queens park for a get together

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back