Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm far from being an expert on the subject, but i was on the understanding Grafton was where the classic diamonds originate from.I don't wanna start anything about integrades as has been discussed many times but are there coastals found around Gosford, or are diamonds found around Gosford :?:

What's the go with the Skull markings on the jungles? On some it is very prodominant and yet on others, well good luck finding it?

gosford does not have any native coastals (or carpets for that matter) but yes there are diamonds in the gosford region.

Cwarren72
Many people look for a clear skull and crossbone type pattern.
I prefer to look at the head as an imaginery exo-skeleton trying to picture the marking between the eyes as the actual skull bone and the side markings that run around or through the eyes as the cheek bone. It is much easier to notice these than actually looking for a perfect skull pattern as clearly seen in BROWNS avitar.

In Victoria, this wonderful state of mine, as opposed to mind, all are known as Variegata, no other names such as Metcalfei, McDowelli etc are recognised. Jungles , Coastals, Vic's etc all have to be on my books as Variegata! Bloody confusing system at times I can tell you :)

Hi Ff and cwarren72.
I see it as a tribal mask.
look from the other way and its a turtle.
cheers
ad

Some jungles have very pronounced skull or skull and crossbones head pattern and some aren't as clear.I have some jungles with very different head patterns.

Checkout the head pattern on this little guy, i reckon it's cool 8) 8) 8)

variegata is the Darwin or NT carpet.

jungle inc has a couple of pics of Atherton jungles on his photo gallery. Generally Atherton jungles are much bigger than most other jungles.

Does anyone know what the go is with what hey im sam asked about the bothrochilus :?: Never heard or seen it before :eek:

Hi Browns,
thats one awesome jungle, Do you know any details on its lineage, what area the parents were from etc? Is it the mission beach area with that stripe. I just love all the black in the second shot. a unique animal, ive never seen a jungle like it.
Cheers
Ad

i thought bothrochilus was an old classification for the childrens pythons and has only stayed with the western or pygmy childrens pythons? Does anyone know for sure?

Hey ad,that jungle came from P Krauss.His are Palmerston jungles found near Innisfail.That pic was when he was only 2-3 months old, and he's looking really special now.A couple of others i got from the same line are getting some smudging in the gold, but still very nice.The Palmerston jungles are a shorter or smaller and stockier or fatter jungle than most.

Checkout the head pattern on this jungle.He's missing part of the top of the skull round the skulls eyes crossbones, or it's not a full turtle if you look at it as a turtle.It's an old pic and he's started to show a nice tinge of gold.

Bothrochilus was a taxa put forward in a restructure in, I think the seventies that became redundant as I think Kluge's reassessment became the accepted one at the time. They have all been of course reassessed again.
He and a few others, including Hoser, prefer to use the bothrochilus.

Hey Greebo, a friend who has seen heaps of inland carpets in different localities reckons there's a cline or an integrade area.It'd be interesting to see a pic of the carpet you've mentioned.

what is the alternative latin name now for pygmy childrens pythons? is it antaresia perenthesis?

gudang said:
what is the alternative latin name now for pygmy childrens pythons? is it antaresia perenthesis?

its Antaresia. the other names arent alternatives, they are redundant. Also, I think its perthenis (better check that0 as perenthesis is somint whats comes outa book lernin.
Depending on when a book was published will dictate what names were used qat the time. If you get Gordie Torr's book on Australian pythons there will be something in there. I'll have to check when I get home. Even my Coggers has the Childrens complex as Liasis in the main body of the book and Antaresia in the appendix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back