Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

medz84

Reaction score
wondering why they range so much ive seen them as cheap as 200 and up to 500?
reason i ask is its time to let mine go for a more placid species that my wife can handle (i work way to much!!) mines about a year old i payed 250 when i got him...

the variance is largely due to colour, also comes down to the parents temperament and thus temperament of the clutch. Placid jungles do exist and if you can find the time to handle it regulargly, it might settle down.

either way good luck

quality/colour/temprament.... i breed tiger jungles, they are the most placid jungles i have come across.. just hatched 13 off them not one bitey one amoung them.. my palmy hatchies on the other hand are very bitey...

yeh comes from a few things. i think a big factor that comes into the pricing of jungles is their bloodline or lineage. ie, who bred them and what the parents looked like etc. yeh i guess you just get those more 'spastic' snakes some times. but if handled more at a young age they should chill out.

there was a time when i handled him alot for a 3 week period where he was ok but he is back to his old ways!! my wife is to scared to handle him and im too buggered after work and dnt have alot of time :( i might just sell him cheap for something more placid (id rather him go to someone else with the time!!)

you may sell your jungle and get another snake and it might be just as bitey .. theres no guarentee in regards to snakes and their temprements .. today i got bitten for the first time by a snake iv owned for 2 years, first time it struck at me.

in saying that though, id most likley go for a bredli or a murray darling carpet .. they may bite when young but should calm down after a few months

morelia spilota cheynei, yellow and black, and i got some older pics on my phone but thats all (guy told me the parents were trophy winners)

They are all morelia spilota cheynei so that doesn't really help in telling what type of Jungle it is. Pics would be better. When you say he isn't very placid what do you mean? Is he just interested in getting away from you when you handle him or does he actually try to bite you? They mostly do tend to settle down after a little while. Mine is about 5 or 6 now and very placid but when he was a yearling he was a total jerk.
Like James said you might end up selling him for an even more aggressive snake. Especially if you don't have time to handle it on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back