Jungle Python heating and lighing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dave01989

Reaction score
hey guys currently making an enclosure for my jungle python shes 8 months old just woundering what type of bulbs i should use and if i should have 2 ? and what wattage the enclosure will be about 1 meter high and 60cm wide and front to back about 70 cm . all the information you can give me would be great aswell of temps i should be running and times i should be turning the lights on and what not plz

Here’s my thoughts on the matter....

Carpets are both terrestrial and arboreal and you need to cater for both. They feel secure on an elevated perch i.e. just below the roof of enclosure and will spend the majority of their time there if the temps are right. I would a 15W heat cord recessed into MDF and covered with a slate tile, to make the warm corner of the base. It will get to around 35 degrees.

Your vents should be placed opposite to the heat tile. The bottom vent just above the substrate while the top vent should be no higher than 750 mm. This allows the top quarter of the enclosure to trap warm air transferred by convection from the heat tile. If this air does remain warm then an infrared globe can be positioned in the ceiling. I suspect a 60W ceramic heat emitter is going to be too hot. A small fluoro will be just the ticket if you want to be able to view the occupant during daytimes.

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back