Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nice.....kristen was telling me about this one. funny story, looks so realistic. might have to get a lizard or a scorp on my leg when my sleeve is finished.

I am honored to have this art work in my skin for life!! It turned out so much better than i had ever anticipated.. I would also like to thank Gav for the models and some reference material.. i wasn't actually planning on getting it done.. was just heading up for the weekend thought i'd pop in and then " well i am not busy first thing" and there i was in the chair watching this art work come to life before my eyes.. the sketchy plans for now are.. will continue up to my elbow, wrapping around and over bicep then back towards rear of shoulder.. not sure where after that.. but i am now setting up a savings account cause i want to get more done.. Its only a 450km drive up there so should expect to get some more as soon as i get the funds!!! And its cool you beat me to getting pics up... i will beat you in getting the healed ones up hehehe... its all good.. catch ya soon mate..

hey mate ,

im usually not a big fan of reptile tattoos as they are often very tacky and not very well done but this one is an exception great detail and a really nice tattoo

thanx mate. i probably should have thanked you to since it was also based on your beautiful jungles (which are going great). If you ever do come back to oz I'll draw you up something nice
HI Mr.R fantastic job.... Really wish I had gotten one done when I was there.... Anyway, how are the snakes coming along???

Wow love the detail, Thats some very nice work.

Very nice work there,it's really hard to get a tattoo of a snake that actually looks real not like a cartoon!Having a herp doing the tattooing would definitely help as they would appreciate the scalation,heat pits,head pattern etc etc.

I've been wanting something very similar that looks realistic and also a jungle with strong back and yellow and envy the work you've had done,I can imagine the finished version would look awesome!!!I hope you keep us updated with the progress right to the finished piece.....great work!!!

browns we serched every were for a good pic of a jungles head but found nothing i was happy with. we ended up walking down to scales and tails to take some photos. the jungle he had didn't want its pic taken so we had to go with some bredli close ups.i just had to add the pattern my self......... but if id seen your avitar before it would have been perfect and saved us a lot of time lol

Looks like you have secured business Aussiwide. It is a very fine job and more than I expected to see when I clicked on this thread. Well done for raising the bar to record hights for all the tacky snake tattoos to aim for. Now he has his own Dundee line "Thats not a snake...."

thanx Daniel. your right. there doesn't seem to be many out there that can do a decent snake tattoo. ive seen so many waisted arms legs etc that have probably been done by some narrow minded fairy, that wouldn't even look through glass at a real snake.

browns we serched every were for a good pic of a jungles head but found nothing i was happy with. we ended up walking down to scales and tails to take some photos. the jungle he had didn't want its pic taken so we had to go with some bredli close ups.i just had to add the pattern my self......... but if id seen your avitar before it would have been perfect and saved us a lot of time lol

LOL spoonman,you should've sent me a pm I have a heap of great jungle head pattern pics,actually the jungle I had in my avatar prior to this one was about as perfect as they come with a perfect skull and crossbones with 2 dots for the eyes and one perfect dot for the mouth whereas the one in my avatar has the mouth part not quite right or as nice as I'd like myself for a jungle head tattoo.The attention to detail when getting a snake tattoo is what makes or breaks it and I'm thinking only a herp who does tattooing could appreciate the correct attention to detail with the scales,heat pits,eyes,head pattern,nose etc etc whereas if you just had a very good tattooist but one who's not familiar with snakes I would imagine there'd be not much luck getting anything even close to the work that's been done here!That of course means no disrespect to a non herper tattooist but I'm sure you know what I mean as even if you took in a good pic to work off they still wouldn't pull off a nice piece of work like that.

Here's my last avatar pic and another but if I enlarge it it goes way out of focus but it woud have made a great design to work from also...once again mate AWESOME work and one that'd be hard to beat,cheers!

Attachments

3.7 KB · Views: 408
    23.7 KB · Views: 42
  • browns.gif
    browns.gif
    19.3 KB · Views: 411
thanx mate. i probably should have thanked you to since it was also based on your beautiful jungles (which are going great). If you ever do come back to oz I'll draw you up something nice

Thanks mate, will hold u to that.... More than likely will be there end of the year or early next and will definitely bother u then:D:D:D...... Great job again mate....

G/B....

some healed pics..

hrd to get the camera to do the right thing when you arent the one taking the pics.. this is the best we could muster in the conditions.. sorry for the one thats a little blurry.. will go see the local tattoo shop and see if i can borrow the camera.. at least then it will be hi res and in focus!!! hehehe but it gives you an idea.. there is still a heap of detail in it..

Attachments

• tattoo jungle 1.jpg
    tattoo jungle 1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 124
  • jungle 2.jpg
    jungle 2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 95
almost two hours, most of the time was spent getting the right pic for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back