Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awsome im movin back up north!!!!!! Too cold here for anythin lol

very nice, looks coastal too me aswell

nice coastal! what area was it found in? love the pattern.

def not a jungle, head isnt chunky enough and a jungle that long should be stockier.

Beautiful prossie bundy. How i would looove to come across some wild pythons here. We have Tigers, Browns & RRB...not exactly the get-up-close-&-personal types!!lol

you do actually get natural intergrade type animals around the Kennedy area.

it is a Proserpine without question !
It is the spitting image of my prossie just bigger.
same patterns,colors and placid nature.:D
What a find !!!

proserpine carpets were actually first named from the location that they are found, Proserpine to be exact. Correct me if im wrong but bigguy, was the first to breed and name this locale of carpet.
Carpets vary in colour and pattern immensley over all their range and in the same area, eg- you can get carpets in s/e qld that look like jungles but they are not jungles.
So imo it is definitley not a proserpine carpet, it may look like one but it is not.
As said imo proserpine carpets are a locality form, not a look a like form.

proserpine carpets were actually first named from the location that they are found, Proserpine to be exact. Correct me if im wrong but bigguy, was the first to breed and name this locale of carpet.
Carpets vary in colour and pattern immensley over all their range and in the same area, eg- you can get carpets in s/e qld that look like jungles but they are not jungles.
So imo it is definitley not a proserpine carpet, it may look like one but it is not.
As said imo proserpine carpets are a locality form, not a look a like form.

Yep now the locality has been given it definitely isn't a Proserpine but most likely an intergrade if found North of Cardwell and South of Tully.Proserpine carpets should actually be called Cannonvale carpets as Bob Whitey got the lineage 2 minutes up the road from where I live which is about 20 minutes away from Proserpine but similar carpets can be found as far South as Sarina and not much further North than The Whitsunday area as when you head to Bowen then Townsville etc the terrain and or habitat changes dramatically and is very dry country containing lots of salt build up,one area along the way we have always called the dead lands as nothing grows there for a long way because the ground is too salty as well as the fact that The Whitsunday area south to Sarina is still covered by a rain shadow which Townsville etc is not.You start to get jungles a bit South of Tully and further North.Bigguy should have coined the Proserpine carpets Cannonvale carpets to be specifically correct as that's where they originated from,I even know the exact locality which as I've said is no more than 2 minutes from my place so I get to see lots of these carpets and some I've seen you could swear are jungles and others typical coastals however most seem to be striped with nice oranges and reds and I've seen some real screamers!So yeah as Rob said it is definitely not a Proserpine but if from the area mentioned is either an intergrade of coastal and jungle or depending how far South from Tully it could still be a jungle and jungles from Tully area have different shaped heads than jungles from further North,take a look at a few from different locals and yoll see what I mean!!

Here's a pic of a rescued "Proserpine carpet" which looks very similar to a jag or tiger to me and it was due to slough and would have been awesome to see it's colours after a slough if it's showing the colour it was before the shed but was released a couple of days after it was rescued and gives an idea on what can be found in the area!

Attachments

• WHITCARPET (Small).jpg
    WHITCARPET (Small).jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 60
bundy-zigg, as browns said, looks to me to be an intergrade form.

Browns, you can also get the odd proserpine looking carpet in s/e qld.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back